“Excellent dinner. Excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Hershey, PA
“Excellent dinner. Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Blackened prime rib (the special), fresh, crisp veggies, good salad. All excellent. Many choices available, most with an interesting twist. Home baked bread. Wine selection. Our server was quite good. Entrees in the $18-$26 range.

I noticed a smaller dining area that would be perfect for a larger group.

Too bad this restaurant isn't closer to home! It would be a favorite.

Columbus, Ohio
“Better meal than expected in a small town setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Didn't have high expectations going to this unassuming restaurant in the small town of Lewisburg, but everyone really enjoyed their food, particularly the chef's evening special of pan-seared grouper. The only really disappointment was the wine selection. Ordered one chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." Ordered another chardonnay ... "Sorry, sir, but we are out of that." ... Well, what do you have? ... and they came up with a lesser chardonnay than all three first tried.

Pensacola, Florida
“Slow kitchen, uncaring management, so so food, not worth the effort!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

An hour and ten minute wait at our table to get our entree made a good meal taste bad. Instead of an apology or free appetizer we were told a large group had arrived and they were running behind. The soup, salad and bread were nothing special. Our steaks were very tender and cooked properly but not outstanding enough to qualify the long wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Best filet I have eaten in a long time and everyone in our party raved about their meals. Service was a bit slow but it was a very busy Friday night on a holiday weekend. The menu is extensive and the atmosphere is very comfortable. Don't pass the chocolate counter without a taste!

Visited October 2013
“Road warrior dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel alot for my job and while I usually don't mind the driving, I do look forward to checking into my hotel early and then hot footing it to a Trip Advisor suggestion restaurant where ever
I have found my hotel.

So Food and Friends restaurant popped up as a good choice for dinner after a VERY LONG drive. So I requested a table with a light so I could relax and read and unwind.

I ordered a cocktail and then the waitress assumed a real attitude and started to RUSH me.
I was not hungry and I ordered a side salad (which was completely delicious as was the blue cheese salad dressing). I started to think that I could return for this same salad for lunch the next day. The attitude on the part of the waitress was so completely undeserved. I think she was annoyed that I was a single at a four top. My other appetizer arrived at the table --again in record time. I was starting to feel irritated. The waitress was really RUSHING me. I paid the bill and just at that moment, the evening manager stopped and asked if everything had been OK--I said: not really because I was RUSHED out the door. He looked at me and shrugged and said: sorry about that . I doubt it. So cross this restaurant off my Lewisburg list. I am here on business and my business contact is someone I like to take to lunch and dinner when appropriate. I could have suggested this restaurant but certainly will not. The food was good and regrettably I am so miffed by this poor behavior. And what is even worse is: this review will not make one bit of difference to this restaurant because this restaurant has a great reputation and is busy. Losing one disgruntled customer will mean absolutely nothing to them. Means a lot to me, though. Too bad.