“Homemade Food in a Cozy Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Homemade Food in a Cozy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Unbelievable value and huge portions! Wonderful menu offering homemade pastas, steaks, hamburgers, gourmet salads and desserts. Handmade chocolates for sale in the front of the restaurant. Simple wine list. Great service. Perfect for lunch or dinner. On the main street in downtown historic Lewisburg.

Visited July 2013

“Good food but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on the first night of our vacation. I had the steak, baked potato, vegetables and salad. My husband had the fried oysters, mashed potatoes, vegetables and soup. We had cheese fries for an appetizer and bread pudding for dessert. Our entrees were delicious. I'd put that steak up against any steakhouse out there. It was spot on. My husband grew up on the Eastern Shore and said the oysters were the best he's had. He liked the dessert but I thought it was chewy and tough. Soup and salad were standard. We also bought some chocolate before we left. The food was wonderful but the price was really high for what they served in all fronts. And I wasn't crazy about the chocolate either. I would definitely recommend this place but with a caution sticker about the price.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My family love this place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The atmosphere is nice, food is good, but service is normally slow. The crab dip is my son's and husband's favorite. My son makes a meal out of this appetizer. The chocolates at the front counter are good but expensive. Tip: If going on the weekend make sure to make reservations. Better to go during the week or early afternoon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Something for Everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Food and Friends is a great family restaurant located right in downtown Lewisburg. They have a wide variety of food options on their menu so everyone will leave happy. They also have a display of chocolates, truffles, and hand dipped pretzels that you can purchase on your way out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“A little expensive for what you get, but good food and friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped at Food & Friends for lunch on our trip to Lewisburg and were pretty happy with our experience.

We had a bit of a wait at the door, looks like this place is always busy, but nothing too terrible. It gave us time to check out their case full of chocolates... uh-oh!

Once sat, I appreciated our table lodged into a little nook of the main drag of the restaurant, nice and private and helped to keep the sound from the other customers nice and low.

We perused the menu, mostly sandwiches and salads, and decided to get an app to go along with our sandwich order. We got the stuffed mushrooms and they were exactly what I think of when someone says stuffed mushrooms, which was perfect! Very tasty!

Our salads that come with the sandwiches were small, but nice, and our sandwiches were made of quality ingredients and tasted very good.

The prices were high, especially for a small town, but not completely outrageous, and like I said, the food was good and fresh, so we weren't put off by it too much. Our lunch of two iced teas, two sandwiches, and an order of stuffed mushrooms came to about $35 before tip.

We then of course had to buy some chocolates on the way out, which were very expensive, but also good.

• Visited July 2013