“Had a good bagel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Had a good bagel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Not an NYC bagel, but not bad. Definitely above a 'roll' that most people call a bagel. One review said they drove 3 hours for the bagels. For that, I'd drive to NY.

Visited May 2014

Dayton, OH
“Excellent bagel and great baked goods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am a huge bagel fan so I was a bit skeptical to read that someone travels 3 hrs to get bagels from here. I understand and support the other reviewer in their decision to do this. Chewy, but soft these are some of the finest bagels I have had. They require just enough bite, clamp, and pull to truly distinguish themselves from bread without making your mouth sore with chewing. At 14 for a dozen they are definitely more expensive than a grocery store purchase. They also have a small deli/sandwich counter and what appeared to be beautiful pizza(very large slices) made in their brick oven. We also had a kitchen sink cookie and 7 layer bar, both which were nicely sized, tender and great after lunch treat. The bakery appears to provide goods to local restaurants and carry loaf bread from another local baker.

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Terrific bagels, amazing pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Bakery is a blend of deli, sandwiches, pastry, pizza, coffee, salads...it is really a take out since I think it only has two tables...and sometimes it is necessary to reserve your bagels unless you are going to be in early. The sometimes have a luncheon meat pizza that is breathtaking, their pastry is really, really good.

Visited March 2014
Ohio
“Best Bagels......EVER!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drive for 3 hrs just to get their salt bagels!!!!!! They are the best bagels we have found!!!!! When we get a desire for them we call ahead and order a dozen or two to bring back home to Ohio with us. I put them in the frig and take them out and throw them in the toaster and bam, just as good as when I got them fresh!!!!!!! If your in the area I would HIGHLY recommend you stop by and the owners and workers there are SUPER nice!!!!!!!! (And yes we drive for 3 hrs. just for them)

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Nice lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This place was a terrific value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the hot open roast beef sandwich on one occasion and the chicken salad on another. The bread was freshly baked and the dessert offerings looked excellent, although I did not indulge. This is a nice take out only lunch with a friendly staff and great food. I strongly suggest giving this charming establishment a try!