“Pretty good...just a couple of issues” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
AAA Member Savings
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Tampa, Florida
“Pretty good...just a couple of issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have stayed here several times now over several years, and the property is always a good value relative to other local options. It is well located to town and I-64 and you can walk to a convenience store and restaurants.

The internet connection is a little slow. It is amazing how I have come to expect a blazing fast connection, but this one was a bit slow for file transfers and my business use. The bed was not what I expected form a Hampton Inn. This has always been one of their best features. It seemed a bit old and uncomfortable for my tastes.

The room was well appointed (as usual) and the staff was great. The price this time of year was very inexpensive.

In spite of a couple of small issues, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor end-of-hall rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

been to Lewisburg on Business trip, stayed for 4 nights. the hotel was very clean and comfortable, when i stayed there, the pool was under renovation.
this is not a 5 stars hotel as you know but it is as clean as, but the staff were very friendly, welcoming and accommodated everything i asked them to do, plus they offered helping our group in every possible way.
I have stayed in 5* or even 7* hotels but the friendless of the staff was genuine unlike most of other hotels.

i certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Positives: The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and recommended a great restaurant (Bella Casa) The room was clean and lobby was clean.

Negatives: Fitness room was w/o a treadmill. Who has a fitness room and no treadmill? Hot tub was dirty. This is a Hampton that could use some updates and sprucing up.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Definitely not what we'd hoped to find when we arrived after 10pm.

(I will state that the front desk attendant was very kind and attempted to make the best of everything, in spite of our issues.)

After we were given our room keys, we made our way to the elevator. When we got into it, we noticed an electrical smell. Not very reassuring, but since I'm in a wheelchair, we had no choice but to use it. Up we went to our room where, as becoming a habit with Hilton properties, we were not given the room that we reserved. Not only that, it smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke, with air freshener sprayed over the smell.

Down we went to the reservation desk, where we told the attendant that we hadn't received the room that we'd reserved. This was very much of an issue, as we must have a wheelchair-accessible room and we had three people in our party -- my husband, myself and our teen.

The attendant apologized and told us that our reservation didn't reflect what we'd reserved, and that this happened more often than one might think.

(By the way, the reservation clearly states -- Rooms: 1
Clients: 2 Adults, 1 Child
Room Type: 1KNG STUDIO SOFABED NOSMOK

How this doesn't translate over into their system is beyond me.)

There were no more handicapped rooms or king suites, and as we were quite reluctant to take the elevator again and risk me being stranded upstairs with no working elevator, we then asked if she could give us a first floor room. The only room that they had available was a king room, so she brought down a (very uncomfortable) rollaway bed.

Because this room wasn't wheelchair accessible at all, there was no shower seat or roll-in capability. I told the attendant that I'd make do with a shower chair. She finally came back to our room with a collapsible tray-looking "seat" that goes across the tub. No legs, no nothing. Needless to say, I wasn't risking that, so she went to borrow one from the hotel (a Howard Johnson) beside the Hampton Inn.

At this point, it's after 11pm and we're absolutely wiped out. Tried turning on the heat since it was freezing in the room -- no go. Tried to log on to the wireless to check the day's route before we went to bed. No go -- no internet. Tried to lock the door -- no go, the deadbolt wouldn't even lock. Tried to phone the front desk -- no go, the phone didn't work.

Finally, gave up and settled in for a few hours of very uncomfortable sleep.

The next morning when we checked out, we were asked if everything was okay. When I answered that it wasn't and told her what was going on, her first question was, "Did you tell the front desk?"

Um, no. Not about the heat, the internet, the door lock and the phone. Remember, phone didn't work? None of us felt like traipsing back to the desk, since they were clearly issues that were beyond the poor attendant's reach, there were no other available rooms anyway, and we were tired of moving.

The attendant then told me that she'd see about having a partial refund of our points being placed back in our account. Needless to say, that hasn't happened, and it's been over a week.

If nothing else, an apology would have been nice.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

There was poop in the toilet in room 308 upon arrival. I told the front desk. They took note. I feel like something should have been done. Sorry's not enough. I swear to god this post is real.

• Stayed January 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stay in Hamptons during travel for a quick overnight between destination, I know I can count on them and problem resolution with corporate is easy if needed. This hampton gave us one of the best nights sleep we have had traveling in a long time. Not sure if the comfortable King or just the quiet room location did it. I have had more extensive buffets at other Hamptons but this one did well for a quick breakfast and out the door. It seems as we get older, my wife and I are not eating large breakfast when hitting the road. Maybe the Hotels will come full circle and stop big buffets and go back to coffee or tea only.

Room Tip: Even though I could see I-64, I could not hear it while sleeping.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is an older Hampton Inn Property. Well cared for but older. The rooms were clean and the equipment and plumbing in each worked well. Breakfast was good and the area was presented well and kept clean. I would definately stay again. Hope they update the rooms before we are there next.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!