“Expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Livery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 38 restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: fine dining,new appalachian cuisine,extensive wine list and full bar
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We finally gave The Livery a try. Being local, we had watched the construction and eventual opening of this new restaurant. Friends had gone there and gave good reports about the food and the ambience, but many had mentioned the high prices. They were accurate. An appetizer of cheese and fruit, two entries, no drinks, and no dessert came to $78. Add the tip and we walked out for just under $100. My wife's crab cakes and shrimp were delicious. My rack of lamb was tough. A bad choice on my part. The waiter was great. The ambience superb. For those who can afford it, the Livery is a great choice. We can't afford it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
“A terrific find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The service ,the food and the ambience were perfect. We Dined out side on the terrace it was a perfect summer evening and a very friendly atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, atmosphere and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a quaint little restaurant where literally everyone knew everyone else. It felt like we walked into a family reunion and we were invited to join the party! The ribeye was melt-in-your mouth, and the lobster/crawfish risotto was great.

Visited July 2013
“Was very romantic and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The hostess was drunk and insulted me as I walked in, but the rest of my experience was great! Food was the best in town. We felt so lucky to eat here! The employees were also very proud of their restaurant. I had a pot pie and I'm still thinking about it 6 months later

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“I Wonderful Suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am not a big steak restaurant fan and I mistakenly thought that was what The Livery was all about so I had avoided it for some time. They do have excellent steaks, so I am told, but their menu is much more extensive than that. The food is excellent and a bargain for the quality served.
I was impressed by the decor, the service and the ambiance.
Lewisburg has an amazing amount of excellent restaurants and this one rates with the best of them. It will definitely be added to my regulars.
P.S. The drinks are up to par as well!

• Visited April 2013