“Was very romantic and tasty” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Livery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: fine dining,new appalachian cuisine,extensive wine list and full bar
“Was very romantic and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The hostess was drunk and insulted me as I walked in, but the rest of my experience was great! Food was the best in town. We felt so lucky to eat here! The employees were also very proud of their restaurant. I had a pot pie and I'm still thinking about it 6 months later

• Visited November 2012

Charleston, West Virginia
“I Wonderful Suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am not a big steak restaurant fan and I mistakenly thought that was what The Livery was all about so I had avoided it for some time. They do have excellent steaks, so I am told, but their menu is much more extensive than that. The food is excellent and a bargain for the quality served.
I was impressed by the decor, the service and the ambiance.
Lewisburg has an amazing amount of excellent restaurants and this one rates with the best of them. It will definitely be added to my regulars.
P.S. The drinks are up to par as well!

• Visited April 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great New Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant as one of Lewisburg's finest newly remolded great food with excellent atmosphere reservations recommended but also can walk in and sit down at the bar and eat as well formerly Winkler's Printing and Office Supply. Across from the Post Office in downtown Lewisburg WV named as The Coolest Small Town's on the East Coast . A must for all people traveling through the area. One you don't want to miss eating at. Also has live music sometimes a nice little extra , so when in town make sure and check it out.

• Visited April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Best of everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Livery is absolutely tops all the way around: beautiful surroundings, warm, friendly service, and really delicious, creative cuisine. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who was totally fine with our personal preference of dining at the bar. Stacey, the bartender/server was friendly and did a wonderful job serving us. The manager, Nancy, came by to say hello and made some menu recommendations. We started with appetizer portion of the short ribs.. They were the best either my husband or I have ever tasted. Talk about melt in your mouth! I had the almond encrusted trout, which was excellent. My husband had the daily feature of crab encrusted salmon. Also delicious. We are staying at The Greenbrier for a few days. We have decided to leave the resort for another great meal at The Livery. We travel extensively, both domesticity and internationally. The restaurant would be tops anywhere. Don't miss it!

• Visited May 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice atmosphere. The staff graciously seated us without a reservation. However the food was way overpriced! $42 for a fatty ribeye that had little taste. My shortrib was delicious as was the radish infused mashed potatoes just a really really small portion. We split a salad that also was delightful however extremely small. Our waiter Dave, was not personable at all. However, another wait staff Chris was delightful and introduced us to Prosecco and made the visit tolerable. Will not be back

• Visited May 2013