“I have eaten in cleaner barns.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Canton, Ohio, United States
“I have eaten in cleaner barns.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has had the new dining area upgrade. It is far easier to see food, napkins, and other debris on the floor. Our table was cleared of garbage and crumbs were wiped onto the floor by the hostess as she seated our party. The table was covered with spills that were allowed to dry, making the table sticky. During our meal I observed the three tables surrounding ours being cleared. The manager called for the bus man to clear and wipe tables surrounding ours. Dirty dinnerware and large debris was removed from the table top, again I observed the manager use his bare hands to remove loose food from table before seating guests. The trash and food on the floor was ignored. The same busboy instructed the manager to inform his employees that if they can remove the tips from their tables they can clear them as well. This employee addressed the manager in this unprofessional manner loudly and in front of customers. This employee's behavior was so unprofessional i could not help but to turn around to see what was going on. The busboy then addressed me loudly by raising his voice to ask me if he could help me while he postured towards me as if I needed to mind my own business. Had that employee worked for me, he would a the very least been dismissed for a few days. He has the presence of mind to tell a manager what he needs to be doing while at the same time he cannot seem to find the time to properly wash tables, remove garbage from the floor, or replace tables and chairs to their proper location. Servers need to be reminded that they should not be touching food or drinks when serving the food. It is deeply disturbing to watch a server wipe their nose or mouth and then grab the rim of my glass to refill a beverage. My meal and my son's meal was not completed at the same time, my meal came out on three separate trips. And the server asked us about beverage refills and instead of bringing refills brought us our bill which had been crumpled into a ball. If memory serves me correctly the service was poor on my last visit, my complaint was never responded to.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Natural Bridge, Virginia
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We tried Bob Evans for the first time . . . well, we tried to try Bob Evans for the first time. Seated promptly, then promptly ignored. After waiting 18 minutes without even a glass of water we left. They were not busy and had plenty of wait staff.

• Visited August 2012
Clifton Forge, Virginia
“Service needs work, but food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The service is sometimes slow, and they have given my son gravy on his chicken when he asked for plain, but they do fix their mistakes, which is better than some of the horror stories I've heard about other places. One server was kind enough to not charge us for our drinks when the power went out, which was very nice of her. They now have 3 course dinners for $9.99, and they give good portion sizes, even dessert.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central VA
“I cleaned my plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

With the four year old yelling from the backseat, and the knoedge that we have pretty much ate only food out of a bag for the past three days, Bob Evans looked like a good stop. And it was.
Clean restaurant
Excellent friendly service
Easy on and off interstate
And I cleaned my plate.
So did my kid.
Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewisburg, WV
“Horrible, horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Every time we have visited this restaurant, we have had the worst service. Slow servers who just forget to attend to their tables and wait staff who talk loudly to one another about their personal lives or gossip instead of attending to their tables. The kitchen staff seem to always mess up something with my meal. I don't understand how hard it is to make something plain - it should make it easier for them, right? The food is usually ok for a chain restaurant, but the service makes it not worth visiting this restaurant.

Visited September 2011