“An Exquisite Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stella's is a special experience in a special town. Take a step back in time to the romance period of the West Virginia mountains, meet the people who've made this historic town their home and enjoy the community spirit that has made Lewisburg grow and prosper. Stella's is a true reflection of this town's spirit, its warmth, charm and above all, it's hospitality. Its everything our mother, Alice Stella would have wanted. See for yourself and join us at Stella's!
London, United Kingdom
“An Exquisite Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

A friend and I happened to be driving through and stopped here on a recommendation. We probably wouldn't have found it otherwise, as it's right off the main drag - a pretty little white house with a charming patio with fountain and flowers. Inside were beautifully-laid tables, flower arrangements and chandeliers that might have been a bit over the top but looked just right here. The service was excellent and as for the food - well, it was delicious. My friend and I both chose the Crab and Avocado Benedict, which was every bit as good as it sounded but also on the menu were other temptations, such as Grand Marnier French Toast and Asparagus and Mushroom Crepes. Not your usual bacon, eggs and homefries place, so you might be disappointed if that's the sort of thing you like. My only disappointment was that they didn't serve mimosas before 1pm but I suppose that's not their fault. I had a perfect grapefruit juice instead. Sorry we couldn't come back for dinner!

• Visited October 2012

Pittsburgh, PA
“Charming and Delicious in Lewisburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Early this week I had the pleasure of being in Lewisburg WV for a few nights. Looking for an alternative to the restaurants at the Greenbriar I stumbled upon Stella's Tea House. This quaint restaurant on a side street is charming both inside and out. The patio dining area looked inviting but the weather not. Inside the freshly restored building is bright and airy with local art for sale. The dark hardwood floors, heavy white molding and tasteful accents make for an inviting yet unpretentious ambiance. Definitely the opposite of the Greenbriar decor.

The menu offerings were compact but interesting. Nearly all dishes from local purveyors of trout, beef and hen. Many of the vegetables and herbs were harvested in Stella's own garden we were told. Our table enjoyed 3 spanakopita in a sauce, tomato basil soup, and the crab stuffed trout. Oh my, the meal and service was flawless.

• Visited September 2012
Chapel Hill
“Expensive and Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed a delightful supper here. The portions were average size. Everything was cooked to perfections and delicious. Service was excellent. Outdoor dining is an option.

• Visited August 2012
Pinehurst
“Recovery - July 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We came for the Greenbrier Classic golf tournament and we're surprised to see a community hit by a major "land hurricane" taking 100 year old trees down like twigs. Six days later, power was restored in the area on the day we arrived and we happened upon Stella's, a finely restored Victorian era home/restaurant.

The setting was quite charming, the service was as well. Our food was on a par (no golf pun intended) with fine restaurants in other much more cosmopolitan areas.

Would love to see a few less pricey entrees, otherwise we'd love to revisit. $25-30 entrees being close to average is pricey for this part of the world, knowing the "sustainable" movement they convey is a big selling point, I would like to keep my wallet a little more sustainable as well. We would love to spend about $15-22 an entree versus the $25- 30 that they offer. There a couple lower priced items, so don't think that everything is upscale.

I will say that if you're looking for a special place, this qualifies. Just not a regular place based on pricing.

We'll be back for that special occasion when in the area. We're North Carolinians that loved their presentation. Quaint, charming, worth the special visit.

Virginia
“Excellent food! Best we have had in Lewisburg.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, son and I had dinner here in May and it was fabulous. The stuffed mushrooms were incredibly good. The wine was excellent. The scallop dish I had was awesome and I am usually weary of ordering scallops because they are often overcooked. These scallops were seared to perfection. The service was good but not excellent. We have eaten almost everywhere in Lewisburg (we come thru there quite often) and this is hands down the best meal we have ate in Lewisburg. We have not tried the italian place yet but plan to on our next visit if Stella's is not open.

• Visited May 2012