“Recovery - July 2012” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 39 restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lunch Served Thursday thru Monday from 11am to 2pm Dinner served Thursday thru Monday from 5:30pm to 8:30 pmSunday Brunch served 10am to 2pm
Pinehurst
“Recovery - July 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We came for the Greenbrier Classic golf tournament and we're surprised to see a community hit by a major "land hurricane" taking 100 year old trees down like twigs. Six days later, power was restored in the area on the day we arrived and we happened upon Stella's, a finely restored Victorian era home/restaurant.

The setting was quite charming, the service was as well. Our food was on a par (no golf pun intended) with fine restaurants in other much more cosmopolitan areas.

Would love to see a few less pricey entrees, otherwise we'd love to revisit. $25-30 entrees being close to average is pricey for this part of the world, knowing the "sustainable" movement they convey is a big selling point, I would like to keep my wallet a little more sustainable as well. We would love to spend about $15-22 an entree versus the $25- 30 that they offer. There a couple lower priced items, so don't think that everything is upscale.

I will say that if you're looking for a special place, this qualifies. Just not a regular place based on pricing.

We'll be back for that special occasion when in the area. We're North Carolinians that loved their presentation. Quaint, charming, worth the special visit.

94% Recommend
Virginia
“Excellent food! Best we have had in Lewisburg.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, son and I had dinner here in May and it was fabulous. The stuffed mushrooms were incredibly good. The wine was excellent. The scallop dish I had was awesome and I am usually weary of ordering scallops because they are often overcooked. These scallops were seared to perfection. The service was good but not excellent. We have eaten almost everywhere in Lewisburg (we come thru there quite often) and this is hands down the best meal we have ate in Lewisburg. We have not tried the italian place yet but plan to on our next visit if Stella's is not open.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful food and atmosphere! Service is struggling.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

The food at Stella's is carefully prepared, rich, and decadent! The service is always polite, but very slow. I finished both my and my husband's water. I wasn't asked if I needed anything until I finished eating. We had to flag down a different server (ours was nowhere to be found) for salt and pepper.
The restaurant is in a remodeled Victorian home--lovely details everywhere you look. I only have two small complaints in addition to the service--(1)Sound carries too well. I can hear a jumble of all the conversations around me. I think it's the architecture. (2)The hours of operation are very limited--and unpredictable! The website needs updated with their hours.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best in Lewisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

On a recent trip here for business and pleasure we had dinner and brunch at Stella's. The food was amazing both times with wonderful friendly service. We ate at other restaurants in town but none compared to this gem. Definitely worth a visit if you are in town. They are opening a new restaurant soon called "The Livery" and we can't wait to try it out on our next visit. We are definitely "foodies" and this place surpassed our expectations!
bandh, Charlotte NC

• Visited April 2012
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Much More Than a Tea House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stella's is in a delightfully renovated cottage with a glorious garden and fountain to encourage summer outdoor dining. Dress is anything from jeans to the little black dress and the food is divine - The Livery and Stella's share Reed, outdoubtedly the best chef in Lewisburg.

We have eaten there many times both lunch and dinner and I have never been disappointed. If you can't do spicy, ask...a few of the menu items can be spicy and they can be adjusted to taste. Desserts feature Sticky Toffee Pudding (an English date cake with sauce) that is unresistable, a creme brulee (a husband pleaser) and a flourless chocolate cake among other creations.

Check their hours and days open - at last report they are closed Tuesdays and Wednesday.

• Visited March 2012