“Excellent food! Best we have had in Lewisburg.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Stella's is a special experience in a special town. Take a step back in time to the romance period of the West Virginia mountains, meet the people who've made this historic town their home and enjoy the community spirit that has made Lewisburg grow and prosper. Stella's is a true reflection of this town's spirit, its warmth, charm and above all, it's hospitality. Its everything our mother, Alice Stella would have wanted. See for yourself and join us at Stella's!
Virginia
“Excellent food! Best we have had in Lewisburg.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband, son and I had dinner here in May and it was fabulous. The stuffed mushrooms were incredibly good. The wine was excellent. The scallop dish I had was awesome and I am usually weary of ordering scallops because they are often overcooked. These scallops were seared to perfection. The service was good but not excellent. We have eaten almost everywhere in Lewisburg (we come thru there quite often) and this is hands down the best meal we have ate in Lewisburg. We have not tried the italian place yet but plan to on our next visit if Stella's is not open.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Beautiful food and atmosphere! Service is struggling.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

The food at Stella's is carefully prepared, rich, and decadent! The service is always polite, but very slow. I finished both my and my husband's water. I wasn't asked if I needed anything until I finished eating. We had to flag down a different server (ours was nowhere to be found) for salt and pepper.
The restaurant is in a remodeled Victorian home--lovely details everywhere you look. I only have two small complaints in addition to the service--(1)Sound carries too well. I can hear a jumble of all the conversations around me. I think it's the architecture. (2)The hours of operation are very limited--and unpredictable! The website needs updated with their hours.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best in Lewisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

On a recent trip here for business and pleasure we had dinner and brunch at Stella's. The food was amazing both times with wonderful friendly service. We ate at other restaurants in town but none compared to this gem. Definitely worth a visit if you are in town. They are opening a new restaurant soon called "The Livery" and we can't wait to try it out on our next visit. We are definitely "foodies" and this place surpassed our expectations!
bandh, Charlotte NC

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank be714
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Much More Than a Tea House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stella's is in a delightfully renovated cottage with a glorious garden and fountain to encourage summer outdoor dining. Dress is anything from jeans to the little black dress and the food is divine - The Livery and Stella's share Reed, outdoubtedly the best chef in Lewisburg.

We have eaten there many times both lunch and dinner and I have never been disappointed. If you can't do spicy, ask...a few of the menu items can be spicy and they can be adjusted to taste. Desserts feature Sticky Toffee Pudding (an English date cake with sauce) that is unresistable, a creme brulee (a husband pleaser) and a flourless chocolate cake among other creations.

Check their hours and days open - at last report they are closed Tuesdays and Wednesday.

• Visited March 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times when staying at the Greenbrier and it is one of the best restaurants we have enjoyed. The food is exceptional, the decor very nice and the sister who runs it is an absolute delight. The food can be rich and the portions generous so keep that in mind when ordering. We can't wait for the other sister to open the Livery restaurant a block or so away later this month or next.

• Visited February 2012