“I wish I had stayed at the Greenbriar.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wish I had stayed at the Greenbriar.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I am a Marriott rewards member and have always had good luck with Marriott hotels but this was no JW. The hotel is new. It is clean. We arrived around 4:30pm and were told our room would be ready soon and that we would get a call. (what happened to checking in after 3pm?) The kids room was ready (2 Queens) so we dropped off our stuff with them. After an evening out, and NO call btw, we came back at 10pm to find we had a room on a different floor away from our kids and that our KING room was given to someone else. So, after 20 mins in the lobby, the clerk asked if I could wait another 20 mins for the manager. Im sure the look on my face was priceless at this point! I said, NO, I really just wanted to get to sleep. So, after moving our children out of their room, they found 2 rooms close on a different floor. I did not get the requested KING I had reserved (for my new husband and I) and the beds were quite hard. I thought in this day and age all mattresses came with an automatic "pillow top". Yeah, no such luck. Its a flat, uncomfortable bed. The next day, the manager did offer to move us to a king, which we did. Unfortunately the poor service the night before left me with a bad experience as well as the ache in my back from the bed. I guess for the price and location its fine. If something goes wrong, just dont expect any sympathy from the staff. Breakfast was fine for the kids and they did enjoy the pool. It is easy access to town. The hotel, as I said, is fairly new and pretty clean. So if you dont care about comfort, you will probably enjoy this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Terrific service, outstanding value -- a really nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Fairly new place and a great place to stay. Driving from Missouri to Williamsburg and stayed one night while traveling. What a great find!!!! Highly recommend it. Staff and hotel is first class.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed here during the fair. It does not have all the amenities that other Fairfield Inns do. For example, the breakfast was pretty good, but no hot bar, and the fruit was not fresh. The rooms were nice, but the furniture was not as nice as other Fairfields we've stayed at. The staff did not bother to make any cookies for in the evenings, as other FF Inns do, stating "they were just too busy". But they spent a lot of time talking. Actually, the Hampton Inn, right beside this hotel, has better customer service and a better breakfast. Still, all in all, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Fairfield Inn is less than a year old, located in the large commercial complex east of the Lewisburg Exit off I-64. It features everything you would want in its price range, is well managed, and decently priced. If you like Marriott properties, this is an excellent option in the Greenbrier Valley.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed 3 nights and loved everything about our stay. The front desk clerks were extremely polite from the time we booked our room, upon check-in and throughout our entire stay. They offered assistance and were very helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. If we ever go to Lewisburg again, this will be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed here on a recent trip in area. Clean is important to me and I was very satisfied. Beds, linens comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is better than most and kept stocked as people came through. Unlike most, there were even breakfast sandwiches with meat/eggs that you can microwave and waffles you can make yourself. The pool was refreshing after a day of touring the area and we were soothed by the hot tub. Work out room had up to date elipticals, treadmill with indivdual tv's on them. Just plug in your headphone and go! The exercise room even offered towels (as did pool area) and water and antibacterial wipes. The location is so convenient to the main roads and a few steps from the visitor center! I particularly appreciated the free computer with internet access in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!