“Super Clean and Shiny Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
IN
“Super Clean and Shiny Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way home from a road trip. Don't know if this hotel is new or not but it sure looked new; so clean and fresh and shiny. We were on the first floor and everything was SO easy - from getting the luggage out of the car to just walking out the door to the lobby/breakfast area (w/o getting on an elevator). The breakfast was o.k., the biscuits and gravy were not very good and I LOVE biscuits and gravy (sigh) and the scrambled eggs weren't very good - maybe they were dried, powdered eggs?? There were other choices, though, that were satisfactory; I loved their muffins.

There was free parking and free internet usage, and no password was required - that was great! The hotel was very clean and very eye-appealing throughout. The bathroom even sparkled, it was so clean. The lobby/breakfast area was large, airy, clean, bright and inviting. I would stay here again if I were ever in the area again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The location is right off I-64 and the traveler pictures posted accurately depict the hotel and the rooms. The hotel is a short distance from downtown Lewisburg which has several nice restaurants to choose from. The breakfast has some hot items. The day we were there they were serving scrambled eggs and biscuits and very good sausage gravy. We took advantage of the senior discount offered by Marriott so the room was very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: As for a room not too far from the elevator or you may end up at the very far end of the hallway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had been disappointed lately in some hotels. This one did not disappoint. It is new and the rooms are large. The lobby is very impressive for a Fairfield. All of the staff were courtesy. The hotel has an indoor pool with separate whirlpool along with a fitness room that had treadmills and free weights. It is right off of I-64 but no noise at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

First impression is the best impression. Clean, neat, big and beautiful reception area and lobby. Rooms are nice and big. Fitness area is the best. Many hotels have a fitness room, just for the namesake, so small and crammed and suffocatingly inconvenient. But this hotel has enough room for 10 people to do P90X or Yoga with weights, tread mills, ellipticals and what not.
Many restaurants in walking distance, close to the highway I64. I strongly recommend this hotel to all those who cross WV on 64.

The only sour point was the hot breakfast. Stay away from scrambled eggs which was floating in water.

Room Tip: Rooms on East, West and South will be quieter. Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Waynesboro, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here on Friday night 3/22/13. It is a nice hotel right off I64 so very convenient location. There are restaurants in walking distance which is also a plus. The hotel was clean and warm and inviting. There is a indoor pool which was a okay size with a hot tub. The staff was friendly as well. My only complaint was the wifi at this hotel was horrible. The kids had to stand in one spot in order to try and get service and had to even stand in the hall a few times. But if that isn’t important to you then I would recommend this hotel to you hands down.

Room Tip: I asked for a room near the pool and was given a great room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was appalled at the recent treatment I received when I reserved a room at the Fairfield Inn in Lewisburg, WV. My husband and I were unable to get to our home in White Sulphur Springs, WV due to a bad snow storm and roads being closed in our area. We are committed Marriott members and only stay with the Marriott brand when we travel. This is due to the excellent service and accommodations we have come to know. Due to being unable to get home, we decided to stay the night at our local Fairfield Inn, which is very close to our places of business. Upon making our reservation, we provided the clerk with our Marriott rewards number. She then informed us that since we had a local zip code, in order to have a room for the night, we would have to put down $250.00 in cash along with reserving and paying for the room with our credit card. I inquired as to why they needed that much cash deposit in addition to my credit card and was told that "locals reserve the rooms and then trash them". While I understand the need to protect the property, who is to say that someone from out of town would not be capable of the same thing? Also, is that not why you keep my credit card on file to begin with; for the incidentals or any damage I cause? I am pretty sure it was obvious that my husband and I were not there to "trash the room" since there was a major snowstorm happening outside. I braved the roads in order to get the cash from my bank account and arrived at the Fairfield Inn. The clerk, Heather, was on an obviously personal phone call and this just put a cap on a horrible experience. We were the only ones checking in and I had to wait for her to get through a phone call about the fact that her boyfriend is picking her up from work.

I paid for the room, $250 in cash, and then put the room charge on my credit card. This morning upon checkout, the manager came out to check our room for one thing. That one thing was to see if we had smoked in our room. Again, I was floored that all of this mess was due to people smoking in the rooms. Even though we were informed that this is a local management decision, I find it insulting and rude to learn that since I live 15 miles from this hotel, it is more difficult for me to stay there than it is for any of the other local hotels that I could have easily walked to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our standard room was very spacious and clean. Included a sitting area to the side as well as a desk and comfortable computer chair opposite the sitting area. Bathroom has plenty of counter space (and I like to spread out)! Bed linens were soft allowing us a comfortable nights sleep. A 32 inch flat screen was in our room as expected for a newer mid range hotel. The property was bright and clean on the outside as well as inside (hallways, lounge area, lobby, breakfast area).

Speaking of breakfast - it includes hot (microwavable breakfast sandwiches), waffles, fresh fruit that really *is* fresh, fruit cups, cereal, coffee, juices and bagels.

Staff was friendly and gave us tips for shopping when we asked. Nice locally owned restaurants in the area in addition to Ruby Tuesday's and Shoney's, chains, both within walking distance.

Would stay here again. Thanks staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!