“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gallipolis, Ohio
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn late Sept. The rooms were immaculate. The hotel looks newly built within the last year. Everything was perfect. They had a great exercise room and indoor pool. The extended continental breakfast was wonderful,with lots of choices from waffles to fresh fruit and a lot in between with plenty of seating. The property is very open and is decorated in light colors. A very friendly and helpful front desk staff(they made some very good recommendation for dinner).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bar Harbor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We traveled from MA all night and made reservations at this property, because we were picking up our new dog later on that day. We checked into our room, within less than 5 minutes we left to obtain our luggage from the vehicle. While walking back into the hotel we noticed a posting specificity no pets allowed. Once we realized our mistake, we explained the situation to the front desk agent, and asked if it was possible to check out without charge since we were only in the room for 5 minutes all we did during that time was turn on the TV and use the facilities. She spoke with her manager who stayed in the back office and he decided to still charge me for half of the stay. I was surprised by the service i received and the unwillingness from the front desk manager, since I use to be a front desk agent as well. Needless to say while still being fatigued from driving all night, floored and aggravated from the situation that just transpired we managed to check into another hotel a few towns over since the surrounding area were sold out. I never realized using the facilities and turning on the TV within less than a 5 minute time frame would cost me so much money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
OHIO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting this area.

The room was nice,very clean, and spacious. Nothing at all to complain about in this regard.

However, I found the workers at the front desk to be very timid. I can't say they weren't friendly, they were in a very standoffish way. I'm sure their actions and interactions is a result of management but it would make me want to explore other options in the area in the future.

When we travel, we need oxygen equipment for a family member. We always have Lincare deliver it to the hotel and the tanks, concentrator, etc are waiting on us. The staff at this hotel acted like they were ashamed for something like this to be seen in their facility.

We also needed a luggage cart to transport our things to the room. None were ever available in the lobby and the front desk didn't seem to be too enthused to try to find one. In fact, they never did find any.

If you can get past the strange attitudes at the front desk, this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very comfortable room and friendly staff. this was a 1 night stay at the Lewisburg Fairfield for business. This motel is just off the Lewisburg exit on I-64. Rooms are quiet no road noise, Comfortable beds, good lighting, the AC was a little loud and hard to regulate, bathroom exhaust fan (always a plus). Breakfast was nice, cereals, bagels, muffins, toast, and microwaveable breakfast biscuit sandwiches.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We came to this area for an unfortunate funeral and needed an overnight hotel. I booked on a Saturday morning for the next night. Two rooms, two queens per. The exterior appearance was appealing with nice shrubbery and landscaping. This looked to be an older community so it was nice to have a more modern place to stay. Check-in was a breeze, and the girl at the front desk was very nice. I had forgot to apply my Marriott Rewards number when I made my reservation, and she had asked if I had a rewards card, which was great service!! I thanked her for reminding me! After check-out I had thought we left some jewelry in the room and they were very prompt in returning my phone call. I guess they went to the room and checked immediately following my phone call. I found the lobby and lounge area to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. Pricing for bottled drinks/snacks was a bit pricey, much cheaper at the gas station at the other side of the parking lot. Our rooms were on the second floor, just down the hall from each other. Bright blues and greens were very welcoming in the room, but kept tame by the modern, calm looking furniture. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. I'm a sucker for a Marriott bed, so I was in heaven with all of those pillows that they give you! I can't say I've ever had a terrible stay at a Fairfield Inn or any Marriott property, and this was no different, if not a little more pleasant than normal. Great hotel, would recommend to anyone passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ice maker is very noisy on the second floor in room 210. Stay away from that if you are a light slee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scottdale PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had never stayed at a Fairfield inn before & were pleasantly surprised to discover this great hotel. The hotel was very clean, and nicely decorated. The Fairfield Suites are located within walking distance to Ruby Tuesday's & Shoney's so there is a selection of restaurants. It is close to the town of Lewisburg. The staff was very helpful in directing us to the next town. This was our first time at a Fairfield Inn, but it will not be our last. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very comfortable room, excellent and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!