“Expensive 5 minute mistake” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Expensive 5 minute mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We traveled from MA all night and made reservations at this property, because we were picking up our new dog later on that day. We checked into our room, within less than 5 minutes we left to obtain our luggage from the vehicle. While walking back into the hotel we noticed a posting specificity no pets allowed. Once we realized our mistake, we explained the situation to the front desk agent, and asked if it was possible to check out without charge since we were only in the room for 5 minutes all we did during that time was turn on the TV and use the facilities. She spoke with her manager who stayed in the back office and he decided to still charge me for half of the stay. I was surprised by the service i received and the unwillingness from the front desk manager, since I use to be a front desk agent as well. Needless to say while still being fatigued from driving all night, floored and aggravated from the situation that just transpired we managed to check into another hotel a few towns over since the surrounding area were sold out. I never realized using the facilities and turning on the TV within less than a 5 minute time frame would cost me so much money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
OHIO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting this area.

The room was nice,very clean, and spacious. Nothing at all to complain about in this regard.

However, I found the workers at the front desk to be very timid. I can't say they weren't friendly, they were in a very standoffish way. I'm sure their actions and interactions is a result of management but it would make me want to explore other options in the area in the future.

When we travel, we need oxygen equipment for a family member. We always have Lincare deliver it to the hotel and the tanks, concentrator, etc are waiting on us. The staff at this hotel acted like they were ashamed for something like this to be seen in their facility.

We also needed a luggage cart to transport our things to the room. None were ever available in the lobby and the front desk didn't seem to be too enthused to try to find one. In fact, they never did find any.

If you can get past the strange attitudes at the front desk, this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very comfortable room and friendly staff. this was a 1 night stay at the Lewisburg Fairfield for business. This motel is just off the Lewisburg exit on I-64. Rooms are quiet no road noise, Comfortable beds, good lighting, the AC was a little loud and hard to regulate, bathroom exhaust fan (always a plus). Breakfast was nice, cereals, bagels, muffins, toast, and microwaveable breakfast biscuit sandwiches.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We came to this area for an unfortunate funeral and needed an overnight hotel. I booked on a Saturday morning for the next night. Two rooms, two queens per. The exterior appearance was appealing with nice shrubbery and landscaping. This looked to be an older community so it was nice to have a more modern place to stay. Check-in was a breeze, and the girl at the front desk was very nice. I had forgot to apply my Marriott Rewards number when I made my reservation, and she had asked if I had a rewards card, which was great service!! I thanked her for reminding me! After check-out I had thought we left some jewelry in the room and they were very prompt in returning my phone call. I guess they went to the room and checked immediately following my phone call. I found the lobby and lounge area to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. Pricing for bottled drinks/snacks was a bit pricey, much cheaper at the gas station at the other side of the parking lot. Our rooms were on the second floor, just down the hall from each other. Bright blues and greens were very welcoming in the room, but kept tame by the modern, calm looking furniture. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. I'm a sucker for a Marriott bed, so I was in heaven with all of those pillows that they give you! I can't say I've ever had a terrible stay at a Fairfield Inn or any Marriott property, and this was no different, if not a little more pleasant than normal. Great hotel, would recommend to anyone passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ice maker is very noisy on the second floor in room 210. Stay away from that if you are a light slee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Scottdale PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had never stayed at a Fairfield inn before & were pleasantly surprised to discover this great hotel. The hotel was very clean, and nicely decorated. The Fairfield Suites are located within walking distance to Ruby Tuesday's & Shoney's so there is a selection of restaurants. It is close to the town of Lewisburg. The staff was very helpful in directing us to the next town. This was our first time at a Fairfield Inn, but it will not be our last. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very comfortable room, excellent and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a very pleasant 6-night stay at the Lewisburg Fairfield, and would definitely return. This is a fairly new, very clean and shiny, friendly motel at the Lewisburg exit on I-64, just a mile or so from the interesting old town. Rooms are well insulated so that there is no road, hall, or neighbor noise. Comfortable beds, good bedside lighting. The AC was fairly quiet as room ACs go, smelled clean, and was very efficient. Quiet bathroom exhaust fan. Good sized room and bathroom.

Decent breakfast in nice clean area, with usual cereals, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast, and fresh fruit, as well as microwaveable breakfast biscuit sandwiches, waffles, and yogurt. Even pretty good coffee!

Staff is friendly and helpful. When the electricity went out after a storm, the staff still had coffee for us at breakfast! What a welcomed surprise.

Minor drawbacks:
The heavy room doors sure do slam closed loudly, resulting in a jarring noise (late at night and very early in the morning!) when close neighbors leave or enter their rooms.

Even though there is selection of a half a dozen pillows on the bed, they're all pretty soft. This is the only reason I didn't give "sleep quality" 5 stars.

The sink is in the bathroom, which can slow the morning process when there are two or more people in the room. Lighting at the mirror could be much better for putting on makeup, but it is better than most hotels.

No full length mirror in the room!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!