“Too expensive, but nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Auburn, Alabama
“Too expensive, but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife and I stay normally in Days Inns across the eastern US. We came to Lewisburg for a wedding.
The hotel is new and very clean. Wireless internet is decently good and they have a cable Ethernet laptop hookup at the room desk for faster, more secure usage.
The indoor pool and small 7 person Jacuzzi is nice with towels and a pre/post shower poolside.
There is additional handicapped parking in the rear,close to 1st floor rooms which was handy.
We asked to pay cash when we checked out and the manager said that will be fine, and gave a credit card for deposit. The hotel charged our card without permission. I informed the manager and she attempted to fix it. Not sure if its resolved.
Normally, days inns are half the price, same accommodations and continental breakfast.
overall a nice visit.

Room Tip: first floor, close to pool and back door for parking is preferable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

The hotel is in a great location--just of I64. I chose this hotel because of the hot tub and the swimming pool, and I was not disappointed. The breakfast bar was okay, but I would've liked more fresh fruit.. There were breakfast sandwiches in the freezer and a microwave to heat them up. A waffle maker stood nearby with batter ready. There were also various cereals, some doughnuts, and a few fresh fruits (apples and bananas). My stay would've been perfect except for one thing: When I checked into my room, it had a smell of old perspiration... and it was pretty strong.. I decided to let the matter go and took care of it myself. I went to the local Walmart and bought Febreze, a candle, and air freshener. This seemed to take care of the smell, although there was a slight lingering in the air even when I left.. I slept very well in the room. The room darkening shade was very effective, and there was no noise in the halls. I would definitely recommend this hotel..
Hopefully, you won't get a smelly room, but if you do, the management assured me (on my leaving)
that they have deodorizers for the rooms.. I wonder why the maid didn't use one. Anyway, it's a new hotel, and I had a great stay...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The rooms were very clean and the decorating made the room feel comfortable. I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. The first morning I was very impressed with the continental breakfast. The second, third, and forth mornings, I was not so impressed. One day the juice was watered down to about 10% juice and 90% water. There was no batter for the waffle maker. When my coworker inquired at the front desk, the hotel employee was very short with him and acted as if we were a huge inconvenience to her. There was no nonstick spray for the waffle maker and waffles were getting stuck and having to be picked out in pieces. We had to ask for spray as to avoid this situation.The pastries were stale but there was a nice selection of breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, and fruit.

Certain members of the staff were short with us on more than one occasion. Our business trip was cut short and we called at 4:00 p.m. to cancel for that night and were told that cancellations had to be made before noon. Noon? Seems pretty early since check in isn't until after 3:00. Be fore warned if you plan on staying here.

Over all I give this hotel a "very good" rating and would stay there again. It was very clean and that is what is most important to me when staying at a hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the general feel of the room was comfortable, as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way to Charlottesville VA. Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Reasonably priced, friendly & prompt service. Room was large & clean. Only feedback for upgrade would be for the towels. Paper thin and small. However would definately recommend. Hotel is only 2 years old.

• Stayed October 2011
Elk Grove village, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was on a tour and was happy to find that I got my own room. This was the cleanest, and nicest room that I have ever stayed- the other one was in Coral Gables, Fl. Wonderful breakfast, wonderful service!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Freeport, L.I., NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Good night's stay. Large, clean and comfortable room. Only complaint - towels thin. Breakfast good, with large variety but Jimmy Dean's egg/bacon on bisquit - way too much bisquit. Would have preferred fresh made omelet. Rate for room was good.

Room Tip: Front desk accommodating. Provided a refrig at no extra charge when we requested one.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Loved this hotel! Very clean, great staff, hip decor and large rooms. Best mattress and pillow EVER. Next time we need a restful getaway we'll skip the expensive resort and go here for R&R. Easy access to wonderful Lewisburg and to the interstate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!