“Golf Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Barboursville, West Virginia
“Golf Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this motel for 5 nights during the State Elks golf tournament in June 2013. The room I had was recently remodeled. The bed was extremely comfortable. Also, the staff at this property is most accommodating from the front desk to the maid service. It has a bar on site with great comfort food. The property is older but maintained very well.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool side are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
fort wayne Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Room was clean,Comfortable beds, Plenty of clean towels. Television with HBO, Microwave and refrigerator. Free breakfast better than most included hot foods such as corn beef hash and waffles, bacon and eggs . Easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warren, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had to drive to NW Virginia and did not have a reservation, but I felt very lucky to find the Quality Inn in Lewisburg, WV en route. The hotel was, actually, very crowded that night, but I was able to get a room at a reasonable rate. Despite the large number of filled rooms, the Inn was very quiet. The motel is newer and the rooms are furnished very nicely. They served an excellent free breakfast with hot selections including scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Also convenient is the gas station included in the complex. I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Pay the $5 extra and get a room with a refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel since it was built. And what a decline I have witnessed. First room that was given to, we refused immediately bc when we walked in the smell of mildew about knocked us out. The second room given to us, again mildew but not as strong smelling...after driving from Alabama with two small children...I just needed a place for them to sleep for the night. I think the mildew in our second room is coming from the carpeted border at the base of the wall under the sink. I've been congested since we've been here.
The bathroom shower has black mildew in the corners and grout. I'm baffled by this bc new caulk and grout cleaner are a quick, easy fix. Seems lazy.
We got here on a Wednesday and are leaving on Sunday.( I'm still here and so bothered that I wanted to rate this place before I even made it home)
The maids have "cleaned" our room every day BUT our sheets have never been changed. I know bc on one bed there was a ink pen stain and the other bed had another small dot stain( might be blood) and despite the room being "cleaned" by maids every day AND the front desk telling us they should change the sheets every other day... We've slept on the same sheets 4 days. They didn't even take out the trash or clean the tub. Just made the bed, folded the toilet paper into a point on the roll and gave us new towels.
When you shower, there must be a clog bc the tub quickly feels up ankle deep with water. Very gross to think of.
There were hairs on our "clean" towels.
This place has had my business since it opened it's doors...I come every year to Lewisburg. Next year, I will stay elsewhere.
This place is lazy and dirty and the mildew is scary! Beware!

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

chesapeake, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

There is a bar on the rear side of the hotel which has an outside covered area. The bar patrons basically stay outside the entire evening and into the night. They were loud, actually screaming and very obscene. We made three complaint calls before action was taken, nearly 1am. This was a disturbing night.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the rear side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Dirty Lobby, unfriendly TARA to congratulate us bold and cold, late in the evening.
Sent us to second floor, no elevator, each of us with grey hair , no help offered.

Quality inn call themselves HOTELS when actually are MOTELS.
This is a false presentation.
That lobby leads to a second floor, outside, dirty floor. Overlooking the parking lot.
Do yourself a favor. Avoid this one.,

Room Tip: The back overlooks the pool. The front overlooks the parking lot. So pick your choice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013 on our way through during a trip to the East Coast. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We didn't see elevators and carry language upstairs was a pain and I couldn't find the ice machines. Other than that it was a good one night stay though I probably wouldn't enjoy an extended stay.

Room Tip: Pick a first floor room if have several bags to carry.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!