“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We arrived late at night without reservations and were given a room...The only thing I wasn't crazy about is that it's the old-style hotel where all doors face the outside. BUT the room was nice, and had been nicely updated. The beds were very comfortable with 4 pillow options on each bed. The heater was pretty loud, but since we were just sleeping in the room that was okay. The breakfast was great, and the woman who ran the breakfast room was very nice and attentive. We only stayed long enough to sleep, get breakfast and get back on the road, but we were told when we arrived at midnight that the bar was still open. We were given a password for the free wifi. They seemed to be very attentive to the needs of the guests. It's right off I-64, so the location was convenient too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fishers, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel! As many have said the "motel" look from the outside can be a bit worrisome but I assure you the rooms are clean and updated and the lounge/breakfast area is up to par with other breakfast included hotels. We stayed at this particular Quality Inn because it was our half way point to our final Christmas Day destination and they were a pet friendly establishment, which we needed since we had brought our dog. Normally their pet rooms are smoking, but they were immediately accommodating when I told them my wife was pregnant and smoking wasn't an option. Not only were they accommodating on the room (as I think they would be with most non-smoking requests) Jo, the manager I spoke to when making the reservation reduced the pet fee from $50 to $25, called it a "Christmas Present" This was a very pleasant experience, great staff, comfy room and a perfect stay if you are traveling with pets. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I just returned from a 2-day stay here. Previously known as the Brier Inn, now it is a Quality Inn. Indeed, they are now a much better hotel than before. Two years ago I had so many problems with this hotel that my organization stopped using it for our yearly convention. Since then, it has had a complete metamorphosis. MUCH better now! It's more expensive now than it had been, but you really are getting much better value for the money. It's still reasonably priced, but I suspect they had so many problems in past-years because the previous cut-rate prices restricted their ability to hire good employees. The rooms are now clean and well maintained. The front desk personnel (previously a MAJOR problem) are now polite, helpful and attentive. I would not hesitate to come back here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mayodan, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

Getting lost in the beauty of fall recently, we found ourselves far from home with no reservations anywhere. The Quality inn was a pleasant surprise. The outside was kinda scary looking, parking was a hassel, but the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011
Conover, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Was in town for a golf tournament. Room was clean and the help at the front desk was great. We arrived lated and needed more towels and the front desk quickly gave them to us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had to stay in Lewisburg on business. It was a last minute trip and I hadn't prepared with a reservation. Quality Inn ended up being the only place with any vacancy. At first, I was a bit skeptical due to the outdoor access to the rooms, but upon entry a very friendly young man, Matt, greeted me with a big smile & warm welcome. He was very efficient at his job and very sweet in accomodating my very particular & slightly "OCD" needs. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Through out the evening I called him several times and he very promptly assisted me with every single request. That boy's going to be manager some day! He was the absolute definition of customer service! As far as the hotel itself.. no major complaints. I was rather unremarkable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our room was terrible. It's been a long, long time since we've stayed in a hotel outside the Marriott family. This experience was a culture shock. The Quality Inn is the antithesis of QUALITY.

We booked a non-smoking room and believe me, that's a JOKE. We knew that as soon as we entered the lobby - it reeked of smoke. My husband and I gave each other a knowing, disappointed look, but it was the only room in town. Believe me, we went to the visitor center to try to find another place to stay.

The motel-like rooms have external entry doors, and they have little stickers on them that say "non-smoking". Funny. The other guests stand right outside those doors on the walkway and smoke to their heart's content. You can't go outside without becoming choked by the vapors. What's worse, the AC vent is situated right out there by the walkway, so the cigarette smoke is sucked right into the room. The bed linens, the curtains, the carpet, the furniture, the lamp shade - it all reeked of smoke. It was totally terrible.

The carpet was filthy. The stains/dirt were only somewhat noticeable, but the carpet was STICKY, so there were no doubts about its condition. We kept shoes next to the bed to put on in case we needed to get up during the night, and we wore shoes until we went to bed. The stains on one of the chairs in the room were outrageously gross.

We went to a store for cleaning supplies because I just couldn't bed down in that place as it was. We got sanitizing wipes, Air Wick deodorizers, and Febreze. I used shampoo to wash out the ice bucket.

On a slightly more positive note, the lobby staff were friendly and efficient, the housekeeping staff did a good job of putting the room back together each day, the beds were quite comfortable, and the hotel is quiet. As far as the quietness goes, it was better than most Marriott's we have stayed in. We rarely heard any noise from other rooms, slamming doors, screaming kids, tvs, etc. For quietness, I give it A+.

If they want to advertise that they offer non-smoking rooms, then they need to make that a reality, rather than simply placing a sticker on the door/window.

Personally, I would never stay here again, but it does get decent reviews so it is clearly acceptable for some, especially if you don't have problem with the cigarette smoke.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!