Our room was terrible. It's been a long, long time since we've stayed in a hotel outside the Marriott family. This experience was a culture shock. The Quality Inn is the antithesis of QUALITY.
We booked a non-smoking room and believe me, that's a JOKE. We knew that as soon as we entered the lobby - it reeked of smoke. My husband and I gave each other a knowing, disappointed look, but it was the only room in town. Believe me, we went to the visitor center to try to find another place to stay.
The motel-like rooms have external entry doors, and they have little stickers on them that say "non-smoking". Funny. The other guests stand right outside those doors on the walkway and smoke to their heart's content. You can't go outside without becoming choked by the vapors. What's worse, the AC vent is situated right out there by the walkway, so the cigarette smoke is sucked right into the room. The bed linens, the curtains, the carpet, the furniture, the lamp shade - it all reeked of smoke. It was totally terrible.
The carpet was filthy. The stains/dirt were only somewhat noticeable, but the carpet was STICKY, so there were no doubts about its condition. We kept shoes next to the bed to put on in case we needed to get up during the night, and we wore shoes until we went to bed. The stains on one of the chairs in the room were outrageously gross.
We went to a store for cleaning supplies because I just couldn't bed down in that place as it was. We got sanitizing wipes, Air Wick deodorizers, and Febreze. I used shampoo to wash out the ice bucket.
On a slightly more positive note, the lobby staff were friendly and efficient, the housekeeping staff did a good job of putting the room back together each day, the beds were quite comfortable, and the hotel is quiet. As far as the quietness goes, it was better than most Marriott's we have stayed in. We rarely heard any noise from other rooms, slamming doors, screaming kids, tvs, etc. For quietness, I give it A+.
If they want to advertise that they offer non-smoking rooms, then they need to make that a reality, rather than simply placing a sticker on the door/window.
Personally, I would never stay here again, but it does get decent reviews so it is clearly acceptable for some, especially if you don't have problem with the cigarette smoke.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.