“Eat in or take out” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business
Description: Giovanni's Italian Take Out , Perfect for comfort while enjoying a fantastic Meal Here, Homemade Soups, Breads, Pastas , Basically Fresh Local Farm products To Table Restaurant, We are doing southern Italian Style from Josephine Ruggiero to Your Wonderful Table here in Greenbrier County , WV, Please Stop By and see us we always have some Good Music and conversation going. .
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Eat in or take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

don't let the mismatched furniture and dishes put you off. The friendly staff (usually the owners) and delicious food will make you a fan. We eat here, at least once each week, and have never had an unsatisfactory experience.

You will note below that I've checked the atmosphere is very good. We simply enjoy the friendly atmosphere and eclectic furnishings.

• Visited December 2012

100% Recommend
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Excellant homemade pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This restaurant makes their own pasta and will even take orders for gluten free pasta for folks who can't eat wheat products.

Visited August 2012
“A Gem in Lewisburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Giovanni's is a little place, just north of the interstate. If you're headed through the area, make time to stop by. If nothing else, pick up a pan of lasagna to go and you'll be a welcome guest when you arrive.

I stopped by with my two six-year-old sons for dinner on a long road trip. I ordered a salad for myself and pasta dishes for the kids. The portions are generous, but they can also do half sized versions. I planned to eat what the kids didn't. There wasn't much left.

I ordered a salad with roasted vegetables. I'm not much of a salad guy, but this dish had heart. Just the right amount of roasted root veggies to make it a filling meal. I didn't even need the dressings that came on the side.

Primo is on a bit of a health kick, so he had the greens and sausage. It's a deceptively simple dish. Out came a plate of penne with rabe and mild sausage. The dish doesn't look like much, but every bite makes you want to eat more. The broth was worth slurping off the plate.

Secondo's favorite dish is lasagna, so that was easy. I only got a couple of bites in as he finished off the entire plate. Based on what I had, I'm not surprised. The ricotta beats the stuff I can get at the Italian Store in Arlington, VA. It's made in house as are the lasagna noodles. The entire dish is topped off with a bit of marinara sauce.

My rating is a bit lower than others, but this place doesn't pretend to be a five star experience. Three terrific dishes with two lemoncellas set us back $36. Amazing value.

Two notes of caution. They're not licensed, but you're welcome to bring your own bottle. Second, hit the ATM before going as they don't take credit cards.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Superb Food, Funky little dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Saw this on Trip advisor. It is small..... next to another building and you can easily miss it. Wonderful owners who can tell you about living in Delaware and other interesting things. Great homemade food. Recommend going for whatever the special is....... we had some zucchini parmesean..... does not get any better than that......... We like little dive places..... this is one.... one of the best.... inexpensive, too!

Prescott, Arizona
“Looks are deceiving - the food is wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you are looking for an upscale restaurant, this isn't it. However, the food is absolutely wonderful and the prices are right. We had baked lasagne and it was light, fresh, and fluffy. This is not just a take-out restaurant; they do have a few tables in the rear. No, it is definately not fancy. A bit out of town and next to the Biscuitville Restaurant - easy to miss. If we ever get back to WV, we will endeavor to stop again for dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere