“We have stayed at this Super 8 location several times in...” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   550 N. Jefferson Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My fiancé and I travel about once a month. We try to budget efficiently for hotels due to how much we travel. Most of the times we end up in motels, such as Super 8. This motel although was clean happened to be outrageous in price for what it really is….a motel. The staff at this motel were rude. The man working that night was frustrated that I even wanted to stay there. He made it seem that I was a big inconvenience due to him just starting his nightly paper work. Furthermore, I wake in the morning to check my back account to find the motel has charged me twice for the night. When I go to check out I inquirer about the extra charged. The reply I was told was the Super 8 will add an extra nights billing as a deposit and will be returned to me in 7-8 business days. I have never came across this issue in my 3 years of traveling. That extra money the motel held was my vacation money, it would have been nice if someone told us beforehand. I should have went across the street to Quality Inn, same price better service. In the future I will never stay at a Super 8 again, even if it is the cheapest motel in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 1, 2013

First of all I would like to clear up the issue with your credit or debit card. When you stay at any hotel your credit/debit card is authorized for your entire stay. Once you check out you are charged the actual amount. That is why you seen what you believe was two charges. It is up to your banks policy to when they release the authorization. I find it somewhat difficult that this is the first time you have seen this happen for the past 3 years at any hotel, this is common among all hotel brands. In fact we have signage at the front desk that specifically mentions the authorization on debit cards and it is also on the registration card that you had signed. Again I must mention that it is up to your banks policy to when they release an authorization on your account.

Regarding our room rate that you accepted at check in. We are not overpriced for our hotel in the Lewisburg market, in fact we are an economy lodging hotel with rates lower than the competition in Lewisburg.

Please do not hold this one experience in the future from using another Super 8 on any of your future travel.
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I travel to Indiana at least a couple of times a year and we always stay at Super 8 in Lewisburg because of the price and it is always clean. I do have a comment about the safe fee. Yes some hotels insert a safe fee on the bill and will take it off upon request. It is my opinion if a hotel wanted to offer the additional service of an in room safe they would post a sign stating this service and not automatically add it to the bill unless the customer specifically requests it. At that time they could be handed the key or combination along with their room key. By automatically adding the safe charge to the bill it gives the appearance hotel owners are banking on (literally) a number of people either forgetting to ask that the charge be removed or they just don't see the sign. To the owner of Super 8 in Lewisburg: instead of taking advantage of your customers why not do the right thing by only adding the safe charge to a bill at the customers request instead of the other way around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Regarding the safe fee charge. When a guest checks in we have signage posted at the front desk mentioning the safe warranty fee, it is on the registration card that our guests sign and finally the instructions are located in the guest room. So, we do everything to let our guest know of this fee. If you do not use the safe during your stay upon check out all you have to do is mention to the front desk staff agent that you did not use the safe and we will remove it. Most hotels handle the safe fees the same way our hotel in Lewisburg does. The safes we use do not use a key or combination, they are programmed by each guest, that way they can use your personal safe combination.

I would like to thank you for your past business and I hope you continue to use us. As a reminder if you do not use the safe we will credit your account at check out.
Bedford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel did the job, thats about all I can say about it. Nothing fancy, just a hotel room. Could have been much worse though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments that you have posted during your stay at our Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our number one goal is to meet everyone’s needs from a clean comfortable room.

Just to let all those that are reviewing the posting. We upgraded our hotel in 2010 by painting all our guest rooms, new carpet, 32” Flat panel TV’s, chairs, pictures, drapes, bed covers, bathroom vanities and went 100% smoke free. Our common area renovation consisted of corridor carpet and upgrades to the lobby and breakfast area.

Again thanks for your comments both positive and negative to improve our hotel.
Royston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel was easy to find. The hotel is a non-smoking facility, however, we rented 2 rooms, and one of them had a VERY strong smoking odor. We notified the front desk and they promptly handed us some spray that helped with the odor, but did not eliminate it. The breakfast was very limited in variety, but the items offered were fresh. The location had quite a bit of road noise, however, price was not bad, so we felt we could deal with the noise. Overall, I rate this as an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Our hotel is 100% smoke free and has been for over two years. We do our best to control when a guest does decide to smoke in one of guest rooms and the extra cleaning that we must do restore the room back to non-smoking. When we find that a guest smokes in one of our rooms there is a fee that they must pay so that we can restore that guest room back to 100% smoke free. I am sorry that you could smell the odor of smoke.

Finally, regarding the breakfast concerns. Super 8 completed upgraded the breakfast program last fall to add the signature cinnamon roll, yogurt, and waffles. I am sorry we were not able to satisfy your breakfast needs.

Again thanks for your comments both positive and negative to improve our hotel.

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!