“Pleasant Surprise-1st time at a S8” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   550 N. Jefferson Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Dayton, Ohio
“Pleasant Surprise-1st time at a S8”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I never stay at super 8's because I thought they were dirty, that not so good people stay there and they are usually motels. I don't feel safe in motels as opposed to hotels. Especially when it is just me and the kids without the hubby (as on this trip). Soooooo, looking for an affordable option and since it was a hotel with inside access, I booked. I booked on the s8 website, but first i went to retail me not.com for an online coupon.

This was a two day trip on the way to VBeach, so Lewisburg was our halfway point. Stayed there on the way to VB, stayed there on the way back. Double beds on the way, King size bed on the way back...the room with the king size bed did not have a flat screen, no big deal...had at first the tv didn't work, told front desk, fixed...the back security door was not latching properly I advised the front desk, not sure if it was resolved...really anyone could have come in...a few hairs when I lifted the fitted sheet, a few stains, but not in places that really mattered...overall, I would stay at a S8 again as long as it is the hotel style.

If you know anything about West Virginia, everything is on the mountain...literally, this hotel is right off the high way, but on the mountain, no big deal.

Free breakfast - frozen waffles, juice, bagels, cereal, yogurt, milk, about 6-8 chairs in lobby

Pros - microwave and frig/freezer in room, cost, Thurmond at the front desk, nice man, the other young lady in the morning-good customer service as well, relatively clean, flat screen tv, free wifi, near restaurants, hotel key discount at AppleBees, location-2 blocks if that from WALMART!!!!!
Cons - see narrative-no elevator

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for comments you posted regarding your stay at our Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our number one goal is to meet everyone’s needs from a clean, comfortable room to friendly service and I can see achieved our goal. I am glad you decided to try us.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Purchased on priceline with an 'express deal'. Very convenient to highway I-64 and there are several shops / restaurants around within walking distance. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. It's a Super 8, so I wasn't expecting luxury accommodations. My only complaint was the wireless internet. There was an access point, but I could not connect to the internet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments that you have posted during your stay at our Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our number one goal is to meet everyone’s needs from a clean comfortable room. I can see that we met our goals.

Regarding the wireless access points in the hotel. This hotel has 3 access points and we may have an issue with one of them. We will looking into this and see if we have one of them not working. We have not had any other guest report this incident but we will look into. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Lima, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This a decent hotel, defiantly nothing fancy. The rooms are tired and worn, however its looks like they did try to update and refresh them the best they could. Service was good and it is easy to find from the Interstate. Breakfast needs some attention, not very good. Price was a little steep for the product they offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Just to let all those that are reviewing the posting. We upgraded our hotel in 2010 by painting all our guest rooms, new carpet, chairs, pictures, drapes, bed covers and went 100% smoke free. Our common area renovation consisted of corridor carpet and upgrades to the lobby and breakfast area. This year we will finish our guest room upgraded 32” Flat Panel TV sets and bathroom vanities.

Finally, regarding the breakfast concerns. Super 8 completed upgraded the breakfast program last fall to add the signature cinnamon roll, yogurt, and waffles. I am sorry we were not able to satisfy your breakfast needs.

Again thanks for your comments both positive and negative to improve our hotel.

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!