“MY trip” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   550 N. Jefferson Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
WOOSTER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

You might want to try staying in either Beckley or Summerville if in this area of West Virginia..while the accommodations were not terrible, it wasn't one of the nicer Super 8 chain hotels I have stayed in...breakfast was just cereal and breads...would be alright for short stay if not so pricey..just the week prior stayed in a Super 8 in PA that was 25 dollars less and much, much nicer

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Super 8 in Lewisburg, WV. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

For the last two years we have done many upgrades to our Super 8 in Lewisburg which have included bed comforters mattress pads, pillows, drapes, pictures, beds, chairs and this year include bathroom vanities. I am truly sorry that you thought our Super 8 did not meet your standards.

As regards to the breakfast items, I am sorry we did not meet your requirements for food items. Our Super 8 has just upgraded to the new Super 8 breakfast program which includes, yogurt, cereal, fruit cup and the new brands specific “Simply Super Cinnamon Roll.”

Again, please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I hope when you are in this area again, you will consider us for your lodging needs.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed 2 nights last week on vacation because I couldn't find a good hotel for pets (WV is not very pet friendly) The place reeked of smoke but had a perfumy smell over that. The parking lot was trashy and so was the grassy area in the back and far side. There was no outlet from the front parking lot. It was old, dark and depressing. Rusty fixtures in bathroom. The rooms in Super 8's are very small. You have to step aside to let someone pass. Way overpriced--this should be a $45 hotel, not $65 plus a pet fee. My dog was cleaner than their old carpets.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Super 8 in Lewisburg, WV. You are correct that there are many hotels that do not allow pets to stay with you. However, we are a hotel that does allow pets.

The smoke smell that you encountered concerns me. The hotel only had 6 rooms that allow smoking, so I am not sure how the entire hotel had a smoke smell. As of the first of September, Greenbrier County has passed a new law that all hotels are now non-smoking; and we have started the process of converting our last 6 smoking rooms to non-smoking.

Regarding the hotels conditions - the hotel guest rooms were renovated in 2010 with new carpet, paint, bed coverings, pictures, and drapes. This year we will finish with our bathroom renovations that included new vanities and faucets.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Large rooms, beds with a comfort level that is more upscale than expected. Upgraded shower head with semi-circle rod for more space. Nice soaps and shampoos. Cora, the manager could not have been more accomodating and was very welcoming to our two dogs. She and her staff fussed over them and really made us all feel welcome. Some rooms on the second floor even have a few of greenery out the window. Did not hear the typical parking lot noise or road noise you often get from motels in this price range. The only slight hitch is the achilles heel of every room not covered by central air...the aging air conditioner. In our first room it sounded like a Cessna going all night. Second room was much better but still audible. Hey Wyndham! Pay attention find a better cooling option! Overall would recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: Second floor, they also have a few suites.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay at the Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia.

I have passed your comments onto Cora for taking care of you and of course your two dogs that travel with you. Not all hotels accept pets but we are one that is a “pet friendly” hotel, and I can see that Cora went out of her way to make your dog’s felt at home.

For the last two years we have done many upgrades to our Super 8 in Lewisburg and I am glad you noticed those changes. We continue to work on replacing or repairing our individual air conditioning systems for each guest room. I am truly sorry that the air conditioner was not working correctly in your first room but were able to move you to another room with no issues. I would like to thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Again thank you for the wonderful recommendation for future travelers and if your through the Lewisburg, West Virginia area I hope to see you again.
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed there for the state fair. My daughter shows her horses at the fair. Day one-bathtub won't drain and alerted staff only to return at 11pm with a daughter needing a shower and same problem. Front desk said maintenance not in and NO other rooms. Day two-new room and an air conditioner that makes a horrible noise and doesn't work. Called front desk and they know-part order and no other rooms. Fair is in AUGUST and no air conditioner! Town sold out of rooms-stuck. Front desk knew of both tub and air issues and rented rooms anyway.

Room Tip: Find another hotel or go home.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM3276, General Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at our Super 8 in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We strive to provide each of our guests with a comfortable room and a pleasant stay. I am sorry that that goal was not achieved during your stay at our hotel.

You are correct with the issue with the tub drain. The following morning it was fixed, by the time it was fixed we had already moved you to another room. We also looked into noise that the air conditioner was making. It turns out that nothing was wrong with the unit itself, the room was cooling down. But we did find the issue being the air conditioner sleeve was loose from the wall causing the noise.

Per our conversation at the hotel I did give you a complimentary room for the issue with the tub drain and reduced your rate on the other room caused by the air conditioner.

Again I am truly sorry that this happened to you during your stay for the state fair. I realize that you may not be satisfied with my response to your complaint. So please remember that all Super 8’s are independently owned and operated. Your dissatisfaction with our hotel should not cause you to stop staying at other Super 8’s. Those hardworking owners and operators deserve the opportunity to provide you with accommodations.

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!