“If you are looking for a nice place to stay - THIS ISN'T IT, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lewisburg

Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Mount Clemens, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This property is older and needs a make over.
The employee's didnt exactly make me and my family feel welcome.
The breakfast area is only three tables for two, total seating 6, and it is in a very small lobby area.
I needed to cut my trip short due to reasons beyond my control, requiring us to leave one night early.
I checked out about 4:15pm and was denied a full or partial refund for my unused night by a house keeper who felt like playing boss behind the front desk.
I would never stay at this property again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monroe, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I thought this place was good for the money. It was inexpensive and just fine to stay for a night. The hotel was located very close to Wal Mart and restaurants. It was also an easy drive to the WV State Fair.

Our room was not perfectly clean, but it was as clean (if not cleaner) as anywhere else we stayed in WV. The bathtub was absolutely gleaming.

If I had to pick out one thing I didn't like about the hotel was that the breakfast was pretty skimpy. It was over at 9:00 and we went there at 8:50 and the coffee was long gone as was most of the food.

But we definitely got our money's worth here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GM3276, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Lewisburg, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this survey! We are working everyday to improve our customer eperience. We have recentley completed several upgrades to our rooms and have more planned in the near future. We hope to see you again soon.
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a last minute trip to the WV state fair- it was the only hotel we could find with a vacancy, and now I know why. It was so disgusting we left after one night, instead of the two we had originally planned.
Cleanliness was a real issue. If you have any type of sensitivities don’t stay here at all! My eyes and nose started itching and watering the second we walked in the lobby and didn’t improve when we got in the room. Judging from my physical reaction I would say this hotel has a bad mold problem. It also smells like they decided to make this hotel “non smoking” about 2 hours before we arrived. My husband and I had to go to the walmart across the street and buy eye drops and febreeze. They also allow pets, which could be an issue for some. The floor turned my feet black in about 3 minutes and there was hair in the bathroom. The shower curtain had mildew growing on it.
On the website they claim to have high speed internet, but we could only get connected to it once, for about 15 minutes. After that it never worked again! There is also a really long password you must use to connect, which they don't provide you when you check in, you have to call for it.
The final issue was security. We had our "Do Not Disturb" sign up, and in the middle of the morning someone tried to enter our room very loudly. Luckily we had the security latch on and they weren't able to open the door fully. We hope it was housekeeping, but they didn't say anything. After this we decided to just drive home that evening instead of sticking around for another night. When we checked out, the guy informed us that we could not get a refund because we pre-paid, which was fine, however they didn't even inquire why were checking out early or ask if there were any problems with the room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Comfortable bed, great shower, good price.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here 1 night with a coupon out of one of the hotel discount mags you can pick up at
any rest area. The room was updated, clean, comfortable and a fair price for what I got. Breakfast
was included and what you expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the coupon from the discount hotel mags.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
pittsburgh, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Myself and my family went to Lewisburg for our daughter's Medical School graduation. I reserved 7 rooms. Two had no air conditioning. Every room smelled of mold and old smoke. No hangers on the clothing racks..If there were hangers there, they were broke, one rooms fan/ac clanged very loudly, no amenities were left in room on second day, continental breakfast food was old and not fresh, refrigerators leaked and floors were wet, have I said enough. The workers there were very nice, they could only work with what they had. But the Manager was an absolute rude unqualified person. I had stayed at this hotel before several times and had no problems. I have never seen a hotel go down so quickly before. Local management did not want to hear complaints or problems. their answer to that was you didn't pay that much for the room anyway, so don't complain. Unbelievable. I'm calling the Health Department on this hotel, there has got to be a mold problem with that strong of a smell everywhere. Half of the people that stayed they are now sick. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Drive straight past this hotel, do not stop!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here in route to Ohio from Virginia. It was a fabulous stop off of Rt 64 and was one of the cleanest rooms i have ever stayed in!! Beat some 5 star hotels we have stayed in :) Would for sure stay here again for convienence!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn Covington
Quality Inn Covington
#3 of 5 in Covington
3.5 of 5 stars 48 reviews

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!