“Good place to lay your head.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Lewisburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   550 N. Jefferson Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
“Good place to lay your head.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

Comfortable bed, great shower, good price.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here 1 night with a coupon out of one of the hotel discount mags you can pick up at
any rest area. The room was updated, clean, comfortable and a fair price for what I got. Breakfast
was included and what you expect. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the coupon from the discount hotel mags.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
pittsburgh, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Myself and my family went to Lewisburg for our daughter's Medical School graduation. I reserved 7 rooms. Two had no air conditioning. Every room smelled of mold and old smoke. No hangers on the clothing racks..If there were hangers there, they were broke, one rooms fan/ac clanged very loudly, no amenities were left in room on second day, continental breakfast food was old and not fresh, refrigerators leaked and floors were wet, have I said enough. The workers there were very nice, they could only work with what they had. But the Manager was an absolute rude unqualified person. I had stayed at this hotel before several times and had no problems. I have never seen a hotel go down so quickly before. Local management did not want to hear complaints or problems. their answer to that was you didn't pay that much for the room anyway, so don't complain. Unbelievable. I'm calling the Health Department on this hotel, there has got to be a mold problem with that strong of a smell everywhere. Half of the people that stayed they are now sick. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Drive straight past this hotel, do not stop!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here in route to Ohio from Virginia. It was a fabulous stop off of Rt 64 and was one of the cleanest rooms i have ever stayed in!! Beat some 5 star hotels we have stayed in :) Would for sure stay here again for convienence!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
barbour county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

friends of mine have stayed at the Super 8 Motel for years while she would show animals at the State Fair of West Virginia. I had been staying at differnt places the past 2 years and really wasn't happy with either one of them. either tooo far away fromt he fair or too expensive. the expensive one had bugs crawling on the walls when we first went into our room. my friends told me to check out the Super 8 and I was glad i did! Friendly, courteous staff working there. Willing to help you with what ever you needed for your stay to be more comfortable from getting extra towels and wash rags, to soap, etc and never get upset when you asked them. I wil defiantely find out when my son will show at the 2010 fair and get rooms reserved now. It's also very quiet--even when the place is full. even the quest were friendly with each other.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

The carpets were sticky, the bathroom just looked dirtywhen walking to our room on the second floor it felt like the floors could collapse. My skin crawled all night long!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Robson, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

This is the first time that we stayed the night in this part of the state, and I was scared to pick a motel after seeing the other reviews of motels in this area! After being here 5 minutes, I could tell that I had picked a good place! The staff was very accomodating, and treated us like we could've been the only guests here. Our room wasn't ready when we got there, but they told us to go ahead and settle in if we didn't mind. That was the first time that we've ever been offered to do that. Their offer made the day much more relaxing than when we are told to come back 2 hours later!
The room had two double beds (which is a Super 8 pet peeve of mine), but they were more comfortable than most places. The room was large with a refrigerator and a safe, a desk, and a few chairs with walking room to spare! The bathroom was also large compared to most Super 8's, with the sink inside of it, and a hair dryer. Most of the furnishings in our room looked newer than most places you go.
We had very few complaints about this place. The telephone did not work when we got here, which isn't a big deal since we have cell phones. They did try fixing it, and after they couldn't, they offered us a new room. We told them it was no big deal, but they still took $5 off of our bill. They even told us "they just wanted to make our stay more comfortable". The only other problem I had was the squeaky AC. It didn't do it the entire time, but it wasn't enough to ruin my time there.
One high note of our stay had to be the wireless internet. Usually we have so many problems with Wifi at any hotel we go to, but this place has 4 wireless modems to connect to (for only 60 rooms), and I had no problems at all! The cable TV was also great, with lots of channels to choose from.
Whenever we come to the Lewisburg area for anything, we will definitely choose this place again! The service was great!

• Liked — good internet, large comfortable room with a good view
  • Disliked — squeaky A/C
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!