“TOO MANY THINGS WENT WRONG TO COUNT” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   550 N. Jefferson Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
pittsburgh, pa
“TOO MANY THINGS WENT WRONG TO COUNT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Myself and my family went to Lewisburg for our daughter's Medical School graduation. I reserved 7 rooms. Two had no air conditioning. Every room smelled of mold and old smoke. No hangers on the clothing racks..If there were hangers there, they were broke, one rooms fan/ac clanged very loudly, no amenities were left in room on second day, continental breakfast food was old and not fresh, refrigerators leaked and floors were wet, have I said enough. The workers there were very nice, they could only work with what they had. But the Manager was an absolute rude unqualified person. I had stayed at this hotel before several times and had no problems. I have never seen a hotel go down so quickly before. Local management did not want to hear complaints or problems. their answer to that was you didn't pay that much for the room anyway, so don't complain. Unbelievable. I'm calling the Health Department on this hotel, there has got to be a mold problem with that strong of a smell everywhere. Half of the people that stayed they are now sick. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Drive straight past this hotel, do not stop!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed here in route to Ohio from Virginia. It was a fabulous stop off of Rt 64 and was one of the cleanest rooms i have ever stayed in!! Beat some 5 star hotels we have stayed in :) Would for sure stay here again for convienence!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
barbour county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

friends of mine have stayed at the Super 8 Motel for years while she would show animals at the State Fair of West Virginia. I had been staying at differnt places the past 2 years and really wasn't happy with either one of them. either tooo far away fromt he fair or too expensive. the expensive one had bugs crawling on the walls when we first went into our room. my friends told me to check out the Super 8 and I was glad i did! Friendly, courteous staff working there. Willing to help you with what ever you needed for your stay to be more comfortable from getting extra towels and wash rags, to soap, etc and never get upset when you asked them. I wil defiantely find out when my son will show at the 2010 fair and get rooms reserved now. It's also very quiet--even when the place is full. even the quest were friendly with each other.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

The carpets were sticky, the bathroom just looked dirtywhen walking to our room on the second floor it felt like the floors could collapse. My skin crawled all night long!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Robson, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

This is the first time that we stayed the night in this part of the state, and I was scared to pick a motel after seeing the other reviews of motels in this area! After being here 5 minutes, I could tell that I had picked a good place! The staff was very accomodating, and treated us like we could've been the only guests here. Our room wasn't ready when we got there, but they told us to go ahead and settle in if we didn't mind. That was the first time that we've ever been offered to do that. Their offer made the day much more relaxing than when we are told to come back 2 hours later!
The room had two double beds (which is a Super 8 pet peeve of mine), but they were more comfortable than most places. The room was large with a refrigerator and a safe, a desk, and a few chairs with walking room to spare! The bathroom was also large compared to most Super 8's, with the sink inside of it, and a hair dryer. Most of the furnishings in our room looked newer than most places you go.
We had very few complaints about this place. The telephone did not work when we got here, which isn't a big deal since we have cell phones. They did try fixing it, and after they couldn't, they offered us a new room. We told them it was no big deal, but they still took $5 off of our bill. They even told us "they just wanted to make our stay more comfortable". The only other problem I had was the squeaky AC. It didn't do it the entire time, but it wasn't enough to ruin my time there.
One high note of our stay had to be the wireless internet. Usually we have so many problems with Wifi at any hotel we go to, but this place has 4 wireless modems to connect to (for only 60 rooms), and I had no problems at all! The cable TV was also great, with lots of channels to choose from.
Whenever we come to the Lewisburg area for anything, we will definitely choose this place again! The service was great!

• Liked — good internet, large comfortable room with a good view
  • Disliked — squeaky A/C
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

This motel was chosen on the basis of price and listing in the AAA travel guide book for the region, but I would consider it barely adequate for a night or two, not recommended. Room had no refrigerator, but has a safe. Room air conditioner vent had lots of hanging dust, so because my spouse has dust allergies, we tried not to run the unit. Asked the motel desk person to have housekeeping vacuum the air conditioner vent while we were out for the day, but not clear that this was done as there was still lots of dusting hanging in the vent when we returned. Also has problem with toilet blockage, so had to borrow a plunger from the motel desk to clear. Suspect that part of the problem is caused by the toilet flush is not very vigorous, so if there are more than liquid waste... Anyway, saw a plunger and pile of towels outside another room one day which leads me to suspect that someone else may had a toilet problem, which resulted in an overflow. Housekeeping did not put out an extra toilet tissue one day and when asked for a roll at the motel desk that evening, the person muttered something about being unsure of having any as there was some shortages (!!??), but he did produce a roll.

Stayed August 2007
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

Ended up here after leaving a horrible Econolodge up the road. Girl at the front desk had only 1 room left, but held it for me for 2 hours to give me time to get a refund from the Econolodge. Room was large and clean. Staff was great!

• Liked — clean rooms, free internet access and very nice staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Lewisburg? Share your experiences!