“take a ew days and discover West Virginia” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Toronto, Canada
“take a ew days and discover West Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

This was the best road trip we ever did. 4 adults just drove around till we saw something nice. Planned the trip on a map and if it looked good when we got there we stayed. White Water Rafting in Beckly was a highlight as were the Smoke Hole Caverns. Holiday Inn Express was our best hotel no matter where we went...except Elkins...not pleasant front desk and musky...we went on the mountains and stayed at Hokems cabins instead. awesome choice!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stayed here one night on a business trip; the hotel is quite new, everything was clean and crisp. The TV & internet worked fine; the breakfast has high-calorie mystery food and yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, and hot cereal for the health-conscious. Only problem was the desk clerk on check-out who did not know how to split a bill. Easy location to find.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

My room was not well cleaned (the linens had hair all over them and I found what I think was a booger on the window curtain). The bathroom smelled like mildew and body odor. When I called to complain, they brought up a bottle of homemade air freshener for me to use. Needless to say, this did not do the trick. The breakfast was good, however. I liked all the options they had. The cable tv and internet were down until after midnight the first day of my stay there. I doubt that I will return to this hotel in the future. The rest of my group had no complaints, other than one person who had a graveyard view (personally I would have preferred that view to the parking lot view!) and another who had to walk to another hotel 1 mile down the road to use the internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We checked in for one night during a road trip. Hotel is super-new and very clean. The breakfast area has a computer and printer for guest use and the self-serve complimentary breakfast is great -- there are a ton of choices and they keep the food filled and hot. The breakfast area is very large and comfortable. They also have a great laundry facility which we used - the rates on the washer and dryer were very reasonable. There is free wi-fi. Bathroom was spotless.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

The Holiday Inn brand is notorious for widely varying quality and this is definitely one of the better one I have stayed at. It's new and nice for a mid priced hotel. In terms of it's specific setting your right next to WalMart and Applebees (typical chain store complex), near I-64 but definitely outside of a reasonable walk to historic downtown Lewisburg. I had suite and for that room you can expect a 2 person couch, coffee table, desk, mini-frig, microwave, 1 flat screen TV (no HD service though), bar sink (in addition to the one in the bathroom). The "high speed" wireless was not so high speed - pretty slow (unfortunately this is par for the course for most hotels).

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Natick,Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We only stayed here one night but it was a great choice. Very nice! Clean rooms, comfortable bed, very quiet, and a good location, right off the interstate. There's a nice indoor pool and they have a very extensive breakfast buffet. There are even places to sit outside.

There's an Applebees right next door if you just want to walk to dinner. If you are looking for a nice place downtown for dinner, we liked the Stardust Cafe, about 5 minutes away right downtown. Both are nice surprises in Lewisburg!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I travel for business and pleasure, staying in hotels 6+ times a year. In my entire life I have NEVER had something stolen from my hotel room. At this stay, I had sterling silver earrings and sterling silver necklace with a handcrafted silver pendant stolen from my room. It was only cleaned once and that person and I were the only people in and out of that room unless someone else used a key. I reported this upon checkout after combing my room for the items. It was noted and i was told I would be called back. I waited until today when I called them. I was told they were looking in lost and found -and that it hadn't been written down. I told them I saw the person at the desk write it down. I was told I'd be called back within an hour. 3+ hours later I was called back with a "nothing we can do."

I am shocked a hotel in your chain would have this kind of reaction and lack of service, along with hiring of people who would steal from rooms.

Stay somewhere else with better service and trustworthy staff!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!