“Not well-kept” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Boulder, Colorado
“Not well-kept”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

My room was not well cleaned (the linens had hair all over them and I found what I think was a booger on the window curtain). The bathroom smelled like mildew and body odor. When I called to complain, they brought up a bottle of homemade air freshener for me to use. Needless to say, this did not do the trick. The breakfast was good, however. I liked all the options they had. The cable tv and internet were down until after midnight the first day of my stay there. I doubt that I will return to this hotel in the future. The rest of my group had no complaints, other than one person who had a graveyard view (personally I would have preferred that view to the parking lot view!) and another who had to walk to another hotel 1 mile down the road to use the internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We checked in for one night during a road trip. Hotel is super-new and very clean. The breakfast area has a computer and printer for guest use and the self-serve complimentary breakfast is great -- there are a ton of choices and they keep the food filled and hot. The breakfast area is very large and comfortable. They also have a great laundry facility which we used - the rates on the washer and dryer were very reasonable. There is free wi-fi. Bathroom was spotless.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

The Holiday Inn brand is notorious for widely varying quality and this is definitely one of the better one I have stayed at. It's new and nice for a mid priced hotel. In terms of it's specific setting your right next to WalMart and Applebees (typical chain store complex), near I-64 but definitely outside of a reasonable walk to historic downtown Lewisburg. I had suite and for that room you can expect a 2 person couch, coffee table, desk, mini-frig, microwave, 1 flat screen TV (no HD service though), bar sink (in addition to the one in the bathroom). The "high speed" wireless was not so high speed - pretty slow (unfortunately this is par for the course for most hotels).

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Natick,Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We only stayed here one night but it was a great choice. Very nice! Clean rooms, comfortable bed, very quiet, and a good location, right off the interstate. There's a nice indoor pool and they have a very extensive breakfast buffet. There are even places to sit outside.

There's an Applebees right next door if you just want to walk to dinner. If you are looking for a nice place downtown for dinner, we liked the Stardust Cafe, about 5 minutes away right downtown. Both are nice surprises in Lewisburg!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I travel for business and pleasure, staying in hotels 6+ times a year. In my entire life I have NEVER had something stolen from my hotel room. At this stay, I had sterling silver earrings and sterling silver necklace with a handcrafted silver pendant stolen from my room. It was only cleaned once and that person and I were the only people in and out of that room unless someone else used a key. I reported this upon checkout after combing my room for the items. It was noted and i was told I would be called back. I waited until today when I called them. I was told they were looking in lost and found -and that it hadn't been written down. I told them I saw the person at the desk write it down. I was told I'd be called back within an hour. 3+ hours later I was called back with a "nothing we can do."

I am shocked a hotel in your chain would have this kind of reaction and lack of service, along with hiring of people who would steal from rooms.

Stay somewhere else with better service and trustworthy staff!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Northern Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We were overcharged on our credit card during our stay at Holiday Inn Express, Lewisburg, WV. We reserved two rooms and were charged for four. None of the staff could fix the bill so they called the general manager in and she refused to come in. The staff got out a manuel to see how to correctly give a credit card credit, and ended up charging more instead of giving a credit. We stood at the front desk upon check out for about an hour and a half. My family was so mad and ready to leave that it ended up ruining our 10 hr. ride home. When I called the general manager the next day she said she would check into it, but never did. I had to call her back. I ended up called her boss, but she called him and lied to him to save herself . To make an already long story short, don't stay there and trust them with your credit card. We were there early in July and it's still not straightened out. Stay somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
westerville oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This is a nice, newer and clean hotel which is ideal for families. There is an Applebee's nearby as well as a Bob Evans.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!