“If you value your things stay somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
West Virginia
“If you value your things stay somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I travel for business and pleasure, staying in hotels 6+ times a year. In my entire life I have NEVER had something stolen from my hotel room. At this stay, I had sterling silver earrings and sterling silver necklace with a handcrafted silver pendant stolen from my room. It was only cleaned once and that person and I were the only people in and out of that room unless someone else used a key. I reported this upon checkout after combing my room for the items. It was noted and i was told I would be called back. I waited until today when I called them. I was told they were looking in lost and found -and that it hadn't been written down. I told them I saw the person at the desk write it down. I was told I'd be called back within an hour. 3+ hours later I was called back with a "nothing we can do."

I am shocked a hotel in your chain would have this kind of reaction and lack of service, along with hiring of people who would steal from rooms.

Stay somewhere else with better service and trustworthy staff!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northern Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We were overcharged on our credit card during our stay at Holiday Inn Express, Lewisburg, WV. We reserved two rooms and were charged for four. None of the staff could fix the bill so they called the general manager in and she refused to come in. The staff got out a manuel to see how to correctly give a credit card credit, and ended up charging more instead of giving a credit. We stood at the front desk upon check out for about an hour and a half. My family was so mad and ready to leave that it ended up ruining our 10 hr. ride home. When I called the general manager the next day she said she would check into it, but never did. I had to call her back. I ended up called her boss, but she called him and lied to him to save herself . To make an already long story short, don't stay there and trust them with your credit card. We were there early in July and it's still not straightened out. Stay somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
westerville oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This is a nice, newer and clean hotel which is ideal for families. There is an Applebee's nearby as well as a Bob Evans.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

A really nice hotel with a great breakfast, beautiful rooms and the nicest hotel laundry facilities I have ever seen.

The pool was also really nice for our daughter to swim in.

Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

The room was spotless. Everyone was on staff was so friendly and helpful. Pool and hot tob area was very clean. Hot Breakfast choices is a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

I had to go to Lewisburg on business. This was a PERFECT hotel! It was built in Sept. 08, so it is all new. The rooms are decorated very nicely and so clean. I like the morning breakfast.
The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly!
If you want a nice meal...we had dinner at "Food and Friends"- downtown. What a GREAT restaurant!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Medford, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Stayed here for one night when the hotel was just "one month and one day" old, as per front desk clerk. The hotel is clean and new, a real plus! The rooms are so nicely decorated. We got a king suite, which I highly recommend! It was the same price as a regular room would have been, but it an extra sitting area and sink/countertop (along w/microwave & frig, but it's possible all rooms have that). The suite isn't 2 separate rooms, but it's a nice big room, and for the same price as the regular room, it was a great value.

A couple of things were lacking: The breakfast had no fresh fruit or yogurt, which is pretty typical fare for an alternative to high carb foods or biscuits/gravy type breakfasts. Also, the rooms had no notebook of hotel/local information. This might be because it's so new.

But all in all, a very, very nice place, and it was great to be able to use hotel "points" for a suite rather than just a standard room. I like this new concept of HI Express, with the added suites.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!