“Welcomed the Who Dat Nation!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Welcomed the Who Dat Nation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here while attending the New Orleans Saints training camp at The Greenbrier in nearby White Sulphur Springs. Everyone was friendly and accommodating and helped to make our stay pleasant.

The double queen room with the sleeper sofa was roomy and even had a mini kitchenette. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable.

The complimentary hot breakfast was standard, but well stocked. (Note: It started at 6 a.m., although the girl at the front desk told us 7.)

Great location near I-64, but very quiet. Lots of shops and restaurants close by.

I will definitely stay here again next year when I come to cheer on my boys in black and gold! WHO DAT!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I am glad that you decided to try us and had a wonderful experience.

I hope you a good time watching the New Orleans Saints NFL training camp during their first year at the Greenbrier. We are excited the Saints have moved their training camp to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed overnight for the first few days of the New Orleans Saints training camp. I was very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the room. This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and I was impressed with the little details of the decor and the little extras the room provided. I have stayed in a variety of hotels at different price points over the years and this had to be the first that provided paper towels and utensils!

The king size bed was very comfortable. The labeled "soft" and "firm" pillows were a very nice touch. The bathroom was large and very clean. They even had real HDTV available, which I find is pretty rare in a hotel.

If you're coming down to see the Saints, the location of this hotel is great. It's a simple drive down route 219 to get to the WV State Fairgrounds, where you can park and catch a bus ride to The Greenbrier for practice. It's literally like a 10 minute drive with traffic.

I thought the breakfast was quite good. There was plenty of variety and everything was setup nicely. They even have outdoor seating if you'd like to enjoy some coffee on the veranda.

Some people have complained about the elevator, which yes, it is a bit strange. For such a new hotel, I think they got a faulty unit. But really that's a minor thing. The hotel is only 3 floors so it's not like you're stuck in there for long amounts of time.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness center so I can't provide any information on them.

I found the staff to be very friendly. I wasn't there very long but I'll definitely come back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2014

The elevator company has been aware of this issue since the hotel has opened. It has not caused any major problems with the slight screeching sound it has. Yes there is a slight delay once the doors open on each floor.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the Lewisburg area and hope you come back soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just spent four great days at this property. When visiting Lewisburg in the past I had stayed at the Fairfield down the street, but due to the hotel being full for the weekend, I tried the Holiday Inn. This gives me the ability to identify the pluses and minuses of 2 of the 3 best hotels in the area.

Check in here was a breeze despite the fact that there was a major event going on in the area. The front desk staff were organized and I got the room I requested without any hassle.

The room I reserved, an executive suite with the hot tub ( a very nice and large one, I might add) was great. It comes with a kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, small sink, coffee maker, and even utensils and paper towels. There is a sitting area with love seat, chair and coffee table which is nice for watching the large LG tv on. There is also a dining area with a small table and two chairs, and a small desk and office chair should you need to get work done. Aside from the great spa tub in the living area, there is also a decent sized bathroom with a tub/shower combo. Only downsides to the bathroom being the showerhead was not as forceful as I like, but it was decent enough. Plenty of towels were provided and their bath products were far superior to the ones offered at Fairfield.

The bed was comfortable and this is the only hotel I have been to where they included labeled pillows (soft and firm) so you can pick your desired firmness level.

The breakfast buffet was terrific and would rate on par with Fairfield if not for the hot cinnamon rolls which were amazing. I had been wanting a good cinnamon roll for a while so this was a nice treat for me. A slight advantage to Holiday Inn because of this.

The housekeepers were nice and all said hello in the morning, they also serviced the room promptly and never once woke us up which is a big thing.

The only minor downsides were the hot tub (in the pool area) was a little too hot for my comfort. The bath towels in this area were rough and not as high quality as the Fairfield ones too, so Fairfield's pool beats this one on that count. Also the elevator was kind of jerky and shaky which I am sure is nothing but I know it has been mentioned in reviews here before.

Another thing to mention is the cemetery next door. While luckily I did not stay on that side of the hotel (request an odd numbered room if possible), honestly it isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I would be okay with a room on that side, although would definitely prefer the side facing Walmart.

Between the two choices I would stay with Holiday Inn Express now due to the fact that their suites have the hot tub and some even have it with a little fireplace. Fairfield suites do not have either features which I think are a big bonus especially as they only run $20-30 more a night than a base guest room.

Thank you, Holiday Inn Express for the very nice stay! Will be back in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms with odd numbers face away from the cemetery. If this is a concern ask for an odd numbered...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, July 25, 2014

Yes you are correct the cinnamon rolls are wonderful.

Again thanks for the excellent recommendation for future travelers that may be reading your review on our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Arrived to meet friendly staff who were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean,cooled down (I find this rare) and even the corners and behind the nightstand were clean. I am usually fearful of plugging into the socket and this time I was surprised. Breakfast was a typical but I do love the pancake maker. While I stay in HIE on a regular basis, the was a step above the rest. Great job.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a very nice hotel. It is new and clean. The service was good. The pool and hot tub were fairly large. The hotel is in a nice area with a good variety of places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2014

I hope you enjoyed your time relaxing in the pool and hot tub. You are very correct that we are in walking distance to excellent restaurant choices.
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here overnight before flying out the next day, not only were they easy going about at late check out due to my afternoon flight they were more then accommodating when I had problems with my credit card at check in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for your continued business at our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I hope your flights went good.

Thank you for the excellent recommendation for future travelers that may be reading your review on our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!