“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Los Angeles, California
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just spent four great days at this property. When visiting Lewisburg in the past I had stayed at the Fairfield down the street, but due to the hotel being full for the weekend, I tried the Holiday Inn. This gives me the ability to identify the pluses and minuses of 2 of the 3 best hotels in the area.

Check in here was a breeze despite the fact that there was a major event going on in the area. The front desk staff were organized and I got the room I requested without any hassle.

The room I reserved, an executive suite with the hot tub ( a very nice and large one, I might add) was great. It comes with a kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, small sink, coffee maker, and even utensils and paper towels. There is a sitting area with love seat, chair and coffee table which is nice for watching the large LG tv on. There is also a dining area with a small table and two chairs, and a small desk and office chair should you need to get work done. Aside from the great spa tub in the living area, there is also a decent sized bathroom with a tub/shower combo. Only downsides to the bathroom being the showerhead was not as forceful as I like, but it was decent enough. Plenty of towels were provided and their bath products were far superior to the ones offered at Fairfield.

The bed was comfortable and this is the only hotel I have been to where they included labeled pillows (soft and firm) so you can pick your desired firmness level.

The breakfast buffet was terrific and would rate on par with Fairfield if not for the hot cinnamon rolls which were amazing. I had been wanting a good cinnamon roll for a while so this was a nice treat for me. A slight advantage to Holiday Inn because of this.

The housekeepers were nice and all said hello in the morning, they also serviced the room promptly and never once woke us up which is a big thing.

The only minor downsides were the hot tub (in the pool area) was a little too hot for my comfort. The bath towels in this area were rough and not as high quality as the Fairfield ones too, so Fairfield's pool beats this one on that count. Also the elevator was kind of jerky and shaky which I am sure is nothing but I know it has been mentioned in reviews here before.

Another thing to mention is the cemetery next door. While luckily I did not stay on that side of the hotel (request an odd numbered room if possible), honestly it isn't as bad as I thought it would be and I would be okay with a room on that side, although would definitely prefer the side facing Walmart.

Between the two choices I would stay with Holiday Inn Express now due to the fact that their suites have the hot tub and some even have it with a little fireplace. Fairfield suites do not have either features which I think are a big bonus especially as they only run $20-30 more a night than a base guest room.

Thank you, Holiday Inn Express for the very nice stay! Will be back in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms with odd numbers face away from the cemetery. If this is a concern ask for an odd numbered...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I am glad that you decided to try us and had a wonderful experience.

Yes you are correct the cinnamon rolls are wonderful.

Again thanks for the excellent recommendation for future travelers that may be reading your review on our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Arrived to meet friendly staff who were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean,cooled down (I find this rare) and even the corners and behind the nightstand were clean. I am usually fearful of plugging into the socket and this time I was surprised. Breakfast was a typical but I do love the pancake maker. While I stay in HIE on a regular basis, the was a step above the rest. Great job.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a very nice hotel. It is new and clean. The service was good. The pool and hot tub were fairly large. The hotel is in a nice area with a good variety of places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2014

I hope you enjoyed your time relaxing in the pool and hot tub. You are very correct that we are in walking distance to excellent restaurant choices.
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here overnight before flying out the next day, not only were they easy going about at late check out due to my afternoon flight they were more then accommodating when I had problems with my credit card at check in. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for your continued business at our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. I hope your flights went good.

Thank you for the excellent recommendation for future travelers that may be reading your review on our hotel. Hope to see you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is my second one staying here. Spacious room and spacious bathroom! Comfortable bed and they supply bath and body works soap in the bathroom for showering! Good for pets and families. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel for any friends traveling through the area.

Stayed June 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for your continued business at our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Yes and we are pet friendly!!

Eastlake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The day I checked in 5/20/2014, the elevator was down, the nice counter person offered to help me with my luggage (3 flights of stairs), I declined. She looked as if she was more fragile than me. I spent 3 nights by the second night the elevator was fixed, that was good to see after a 15 hour day I was dreading having to hike up the stairs! The free breakfast was ok, could have used more of a variation of " hot food". Beds where decent, pillows and bedding was clean. The trash was not picked up from one day stay to the other, they must have thought I didn't want them too...... Again the room was clean pillows and bedding was also clean by my handheld black light.
Only minus was the breakfast, the elevator being down at check in, and the trash, other than that I would have given them four stars. Friendly counter people, and breakfast staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

I am sorry that the elevator was down for maintenance when you were at the hotel. We did call the company as soon as it went out of service for repair.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every time we drive from Cincinnati to Richmond. It is about 5 hours drive, so if we leave after work we usually arrive at the hotel by 11pm.

We stay here because they are a pet friendly hotel. If you have a dog you will always get a room on the ground floor. They have a lot of nice areas where your dog can relieve themselves, before heading for bed. They have an extra charge for your pet, but it's a new and very nice hotel so it's worth the money.

The rooms are well appointed with fridge, microwave, nice flat screen TV, and free WiFi. But the place is clean even in the pet rooms. The front desk staff is always friendly and accommodating, even if we get in really late.

They have a pool, fitness room, and free breakfast.

I highly recommend this hotel and we will stay here again, next time we are heading south.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, May 26, 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!