“Immaculate!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Douglas, Massachusetts
“Immaculate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I felt very welcome, the staff was very friendly and the housekeeping staff did not disturb me when I was sleeping during the day...they were very considerate...I worked nights and had to sleep during they...they never knocked...just slid notes under the door letting me know they had been by and reminding to let know if I needed anything...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I would like to thank you for wonderful comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Our staff at Lewisburg is one of the friendliest you will find. . I can see that we achieve our goals.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lexington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it. It's relatively new, pet friendly, well laid out, and the location is convenient. There's an Applebees right next door, and plenty of shopping in the immediate area. The breakfast area is large, and there's plenty of good food to choose from: even a pancake machine! In addition, there's a friendly greeter in the food area which adds a personal touch. We received a welcome bag with a bottle of water and a small packet of Cheezits. There is room for improvement. Hallway carpets are stained. Our room had a cobweb in one corner. There is no curb cut at the rear exit door, making access impossible not only for wheelchairs, but also for luggage carts. Our room refrigerator was warm when we arrived. I called the front desk to alert them of the issue, and they did not offer to fix it and did not apologize.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for both your positive and comments of concerns you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia.

Regarding the common area carpet being stained, we are on a routine cleaning schedule with a professional carpet cleaning company that comes quarterly to the hotel and all common area carpets are cleaned during that period. I will discuss with our housekeeping staff to pay special attention to the corner walls where you noticed a cob web.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding a curb cut at the back entrance. All our ADA parking and ADA rooms are towards the front of the hotel so that is why there is no curb cut at the back entrance. It is not required by law so that is why there is no curb cut even for luggage.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel falls in a good spot for us when we travel to visit family, so we stopped again. Found the hotel to be well run and things kept clean and up to date. Check in went smoothly, everything was ready, the room was clean and warm as it was a cool day, everything in working order. The bedding was comfortable, except I have issues with small pillows on a king size bed. Otherwise, I had a fairly restful night sleep. The breakfast bar was fresh and well stocked, the lady kept things turned over on the buffet and the coffee fresh and ready.

Even though this hotel is adjacent to a shopping area, it is quiet and restful. I would recommend it highly. Seems the staff cares to keep the place in good working order.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 9, 2013

To let everyone know who is reading this review we have updated our pillow for both our king and queen double rooms. All king beds know have king pillows and our Queen beds know have queen pillow.

I would like to thank you for past business and hope to see you again if your plans takes you back through Lewisburg, WV.
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had two comfortable queen beds, which included a nice comforter and four pillows each. The temperature was easily regulated and there was plenty of light and electrical outlets. The shower worked well, with plenty of volume and hot water. It is relatively close to the freeway - a few blocks. The breakfast was typical - not great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Could not believe how quiet the under the window heating unit in the room was. I really despise a/c units that go on and off all night like a motorcycle riding through the bedroom and this one was the farthest thing from it. That and the very comfortable bed made for good sleeping. The staff was very accommodating, even unplugging the fragrance sprayer in the lobby when I explained I am allergic to perfume. They called the owners of a yapping dog to come back and not leave it alone in the room as it was barking the entire time they were gone. The breakfast was excellent with they have the most unique pancake making machine I have ever seen. When the lobby breakfast area became too crowded they opened up the conference room for the over flow.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor otherwise the people above you sound like big foot tap dancing.
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the wonderful comments and your return visits to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests. You are correct on the pancake machine, it provides many great conversation for our guests and the pancakes are wonderful.
Thanks again for the wonderful comments.
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

On 9/18/13 we were traveling cross country with our small dog. I saw in AAA Trip Advisor that this hotel allowed dogs, with a fee. I called ahead to reserve a room for the night. Was I shocked to be told by the desk person that yes, they do allow dogs but we would have to be put in a smoking/or former smoking room and the fee for the dog would be $50.
I told her I would call somewhere else because I wasn't being charged an extra 50 plus have to stay in a smoking room. Definite discrimination!!!!!!!! I called another hotel in the town and stayed there for $10.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am sorry that you decided not to stay at our Holiday Inn Express. For everyone that may review this posting. We do not charge $50 a day for pets. We have a $25 per day/per pet fee. We are a pet friendly hotel that allows pets in certain rooms. We converted our hotel to 100% smoke free four years ago, so I do not understand the comment about being put in a smoking room.

There is one other hotel in Lewisburg that we know of that accepts pets and that is the Super 8 and there fee is $10 per day/per pet.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel many times, as we have family near that we visit often, rooms are always clean, staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast in the morning is decent, we have never had a issue with anything there, or any holiday inn

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thanks again for the wonderful comments.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!