“Good value and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Austin, Texas
“Good value and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Nice new hotel with friendly staff and well-appointed rooms. Walk to Walmart. Right off the interstate - good for visiting the Greenbrier. Several dining options in the area - we bought salads at Wal Mart and ate in the room

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room and a friendly, helpful staff. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

You are correct that our hotel is located in walking distance to many dining and shopping choices.

Again thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here while traveling from St. Louis to DC with my mother, sister and two nieces. We stayed in one of the two-room suites, which came with two baths, one king bed in the bedroom and a queen bed as well as a pull-out sofa in the living room, where there was also a full kitchenette. It was very clean, comfortable and spacious and worked perfectly for our group. The pool was nice and the lobby/dining area was beautiful, with sofas/chairs and a big fireplace in addition to the dining tables. There was a Wal-Mart and several restaurants (fast food, Chinese, etc.) right across the parking lot, easily walkable.

Holiday Inn Expresses are usually quite good in my experience and this was one of the best I've stayed in generally speaking, but what really made it stand out for us was the staff. They were friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out and even after. About 7 miles down the road the next day I realized I'd stupidly left my earrings on the bedside table. I called them immediately, since the earrings in question were very small studs and could've easily been swept away by accident while the room was being cleaned (and having seen how clean the rooms were, I figured this could happen :) ). The lady at the front desk told me not to worry, she'd let her colleagues know and they'd find and hold them for me. When we got back to the hotel there they were, in an envelope ready and waiting. They'd been hidden under the remote and the maids had searched all over to find them for me.

We could happily have stayed there for several more days and will definitely return next time we're in the area - wouldn't stay anyplace else. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I appreciate the wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I will share your comments with all our staff members.

We will see you on your next visit thru the Lewisburg, West Virginia area.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on way to Ohio from VA. Midway Point. Room was huge with a couch hot tub and king bed. My only complaint is the air conditioner located under the window as in most hotels is a little noisy. BUT FOR THE TYPE OF UNIT IT IS, I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IT IS MUCH QUIETER THAN OTHER HOTEL WINDOW UNITS. Very clean hotel and in walking distance of Applebee's. One other minor complaint which is my own fault is the tv was loud in the breakfast room which I did not ask them to turn it down. And my wife and I were the only two people in there so I'm sure they would have. They also have a pancake making machine. Fresh pancakes at the push of a button.

• Stayed March 2013
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. As an experienced traveler, you understand how important a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff are. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

You are so correct that the HVAC units are quieter than most other hotels. We get a lot of positive comments on these units.

I would like to apologize for the TV being too loud in the breakfast room. I have brought this to the attention of our staff to pay closer attention to the volume.
Again, thank you for your comments and recommendations to others; and I hope you will consider us again for your future lodging needs.
Chepachet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here three nights and found it clean and comfortable . Several restaurants and stores are next door. Great breakfast with lots of selections. This is also very close to the highway so is handy for those traveling through.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.

Warren, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Will definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises. The room was very clean, good shower, comfy beds, nice TV, user friendly WiFi - all of the things we look for in a hotel. The location was good for us because it allowed us to drive a good distance from Indiana but stop before we had to go over the mountains. The reason we did not give it an excellent rating is because of the breakfast buffet. The selection was poor at the time we ate (around 9) and the hot food was lukewarm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room with friendly service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room.

I apologize for the breakfast not being re-stocked quickly, even at 9:00am it should be fully stocked. I will also look into the hot food section regarding your comments about being lukewarm. We follow the guidelines of the equipment being used and closely monitored by the local health department on their inspections.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I am looking forward to your next visit when you are in the Lewisburg area again. Hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Did a stopover Super Bowl Sunday on my way south. After driving through snow and ice it was a welcome to have a comfy place to stay. And the chair is the nicest I have ever seen in any hotel chain...Front desk staff was very nice...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room with friendly service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially the lounge chair to watch a great Super Bowl.

I hope to see you again if your travel takes you through the Lewisburg, West Virginia area
frankfort ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

we were on our way back to kentucky-had been to washington, d.c. when we arrived, the young woman at the desk was being so kind to an older guest...she was snipping a tag from the collar of the lady's shirt.
the room was so clean and comfy! it was so reasonably priced, too.
i really liked the lobby area. it was super cold outside, and the seating area by the fireplace was great. the breakfast was good, too.
if we are in need of a hotel room around this area, i will go out of my way to stop there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, February 1, 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the fireplace; we think it adds a cozy atmosphere especially when it is cold outside. Glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast; it is nice to wake up to a hot breakfast, and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites has one of the best.

I am looking forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!