“Review of Holiday Inn Express - Lewisburg, Wv January 4-5, 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
huntington, wv
“Review of Holiday Inn Express - Lewisburg, Wv January 4-5, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very clean hotel and room. We requested 2 queen size beds,
which were provided. Plenty of room in our unit for 3 adults
(my wife, myslef and an adult friend). Complimentary breakfast
was more than sufficient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. As an experienced traveler, you understand how important a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff are. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.
Again, thank you for your comments and recommendations to others; and I hope you will consider us again for your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sykesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Spent one night at the hotel mid-week during a trip to the area. We booked a 2 room family suite which was very nice. Two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a large open area. The room was very clean and the beds were excellent.

The only issue worth mentioning was the breakfast. The hotel was very busy with lots of folks who were skiing in the area. Breakfast was packed and the hotel staff (1 person) did a poor job of keeping the food and drinks stocked or the tables cleaned. The area was a mess and the nice woman who was working the area was overwhelmed. The management of the hotel seemed oblivious to this fact and did nothing to help out. The coffee was empty, the creamers were empty, the juice ran out as did almost all the food and this was only about 1.5 hours into breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again and I am hoping that others would express similar concerns about the service so things can be improved.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room with friendly service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room.

I apologize for the breakfast not being re-stocked quickly. With so many people having breakfast at one time, it is difficult for one breakfast host to maintain and stock food, juices, etc. She certainly should have somebody assist her during a busy time like that. I will look into how we can resolve that issue.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I am looking forward to your next visit when you are in the Lewisburg area again. Hope to see you soon.
Cocoa Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is our new hotel to stop in before going up to snowshoe. Excellent hotel. Clean. New. Wonderfully staff and the breakfast is great. Awsome. Just what the tired family needed. Trust me, stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Snowshoe and look forward to seeing you on your next trip back.
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff at this location is first class. Everyone is very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are extremely clean and the surroundings are very well kept. I have been traveling for a long time and this is my favorite stop. In the summer they normally have a managers reception outside, they cook on the grill for everyone and it's a great way to relax after a long day of work or whatever you may have done for the day. It would be nice If they had one more tv in the breakfast area, I don't like watching Fox News all the time. Other then that its a great place. See you there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 30, 2012

The managers’ reception is well received. I am glad you enjoyed spending time relaxing at the end of the day where you can just come back to the hotel and have a meal instead of looking for somewhere to eat.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located in a fairly quiet location. Restaurants close enough nearby that you can walk to if they are of your choosing. Check in went smoothly, personnel polite and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Furnishing appeared to be fairly new. Bed was comfortable, wish that they went to king size pillows though for king size beds. Breakfast was provided, plenty of choices, fairly fresh, though did have to wait for replenishing of a couple items. All in all, this was a two thumbs up visit. Would recommend for both business and leisure travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests and friendly service from our employees.

The hotel is located in a convenient location. Glad this worked out for you. Also, I happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.

Abingdon, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had the Best stay ever here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg WV. I came here for Thanksgiving to spend time with my Mom who lives with my brother here in Lewisburg.
The Hotel staff was there to greet me at the desk at check in and WOW ! ,what a friendly staff. Even though the hotel is pet friendly , the rooms were Immaculate and had a fresh scent thru out.
The breakfast was great and the host was great as she went out of her way to make sure the breakfast bar was well stocked and items fresh and hot. You can tell that this hotel is well managed and the staff is there to make sure your comfortable. This will be were I stay when ever I come back to visit my family here in Lewisburg WV.
Thanks to all of you,
George Brewer

Room Tip: All are Great !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests and friendly service. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. It is nice to wake up to a hot breakfast, and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites has one of the best. I will pass on your compliments to the breakfast host.

I am looking forward to your next visit. Again, thanks for staying with us.
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having researched this property online and encouraged by previous responses by the GM about pet-friendly vs. non-pet-friendly rooms, we made a reservation for a Friday night stay. On my comments I noted that we have pet allergies and would need a pet-free room. Upon check-in, we were assured that we were on a pet-free floor. 15 minutes after check-in (and our kids already asleep after the long trip), I hear a dog barking and notice that a family with a larger dog is entering the room across the hall -- on the pet-free floor. Went down to the front desk and the clerk couldn't have apologized more but assured me that this was highly unusual and they did not know from that families' reservation that they had a pet. Would I like to change rooms? No -- my kids were already asleep, I'm tired. Just tell me if their have been pets in the room my family is sleeping in so I can isolate clothes, take meds, etc. So, I wake up to the sound of barking -- except this time it is from the room beside us -- not the one across the hall. On the way out, the front-desk personnel was apologetic but if the hotel is completely pet-friendly, their web-site needs to reflect this. Period. Other than pet issues, the property was newish and easy to find from 64.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on your most recent visit to the Lewisburg, West Virginia area.

Yes, we are pet friendly hotel with a limited amount of pet-friendly rooms. Those rooms are all located in one section of the hotel. After each stay those rooms go through an extra cleaning process.

On the evening you stayed we were not aware of the guests across the hallway or the room next to yours having a pet in. If they would have mentioned they had their pet with them they would have gone into our pet-friendly rooms. We had no idea those rooms had pets in them until you notified us. Once we were able to evaluate the rooms we took the appropriate action.

I am truly sorry for you experience you encountered at our hotel regarding our pet policy and I hope this does not stop you from using Holiday Inn Express Hotels as your lodging needs.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!