“Nice Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Virginia
“Nice Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located in a fairly quiet location. Restaurants close enough nearby that you can walk to if they are of your choosing. Check in went smoothly, personnel polite and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Furnishing appeared to be fairly new. Bed was comfortable, wish that they went to king size pillows though for king size beds. Breakfast was provided, plenty of choices, fairly fresh, though did have to wait for replenishing of a couple items. All in all, this was a two thumbs up visit. Would recommend for both business and leisure travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests and friendly service from our employees.

The hotel is located in a convenient location. Glad this worked out for you. Also, I happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and recommendations to others; and I hope you will consider us again for your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had the Best stay ever here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg WV. I came here for Thanksgiving to spend time with my Mom who lives with my brother here in Lewisburg.
The Hotel staff was there to greet me at the desk at check in and WOW ! ,what a friendly staff. Even though the hotel is pet friendly , the rooms were Immaculate and had a fresh scent thru out.
The breakfast was great and the host was great as she went out of her way to make sure the breakfast bar was well stocked and items fresh and hot. You can tell that this hotel is well managed and the staff is there to make sure your comfortable. This will be were I stay when ever I come back to visit my family here in Lewisburg WV.
Thanks to all of you,
George Brewer

Room Tip: All are Great !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our guests and friendly service. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. It is nice to wake up to a hot breakfast, and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites has one of the best. I will pass on your compliments to the breakfast host.

I am looking forward to your next visit. Again, thanks for staying with us.
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having researched this property online and encouraged by previous responses by the GM about pet-friendly vs. non-pet-friendly rooms, we made a reservation for a Friday night stay. On my comments I noted that we have pet allergies and would need a pet-free room. Upon check-in, we were assured that we were on a pet-free floor. 15 minutes after check-in (and our kids already asleep after the long trip), I hear a dog barking and notice that a family with a larger dog is entering the room across the hall -- on the pet-free floor. Went down to the front desk and the clerk couldn't have apologized more but assured me that this was highly unusual and they did not know from that families' reservation that they had a pet. Would I like to change rooms? No -- my kids were already asleep, I'm tired. Just tell me if their have been pets in the room my family is sleeping in so I can isolate clothes, take meds, etc. So, I wake up to the sound of barking -- except this time it is from the room beside us -- not the one across the hall. On the way out, the front-desk personnel was apologetic but if the hotel is completely pet-friendly, their web-site needs to reflect this. Period. Other than pet issues, the property was newish and easy to find from 64.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on your most recent visit to the Lewisburg, West Virginia area.

Yes, we are pet friendly hotel with a limited amount of pet-friendly rooms. Those rooms are all located in one section of the hotel. After each stay those rooms go through an extra cleaning process.

On the evening you stayed we were not aware of the guests across the hallway or the room next to yours having a pet in. If they would have mentioned they had their pet with them they would have gone into our pet-friendly rooms. We had no idea those rooms had pets in them until you notified us. Once we were able to evaluate the rooms we took the appropriate action.

I am truly sorry for you experience you encountered at our hotel regarding our pet policy and I hope this does not stop you from using Holiday Inn Express Hotels as your lodging needs.
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Fantastic staff & hotel. Very clean & well kempt. Pool & hot tub spotless. Great breakfast. Omelets, bacon, etc... Very fresh and lots to eat. Michele, the manager, was very helpful & knowledgeable about the area. Definitely recommend to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. I will pass on the kind words you left for Michele.

Again thank you for the excellent recommendation for all future travelers that may view your posting as their choose of lodging in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stay at tis hotel every week the staff is friendly and helpful. They always have my room clean and ready. It has a great location with many resurants in the area. The staff goies out of their way to accomadate my every need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.
Oberlin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Friendly staff, room was spacious and clean. Close to highway, restaurants, Walmart, and where we were visiting family. North of hotel is Applebee's and south of hotel is cemetery, so it is quiet. Housekeeping was very attentive in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and our goal is to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room and friendly service. I am glad we met your expectations
The hotel is located in a convenient location. Glad this worked out for you.

Again, thank you for your comments; and I hope you will consider us for your future lodging needs
Troy MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I spent an evening at the Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg on the evening of Friday, October 12, 2012. The hotel was clean and attractive. We had requested a room on an upper floor which we were provided. We got in early to watch our Cardinals defeat the Washington Nationals in Game 5 of the NLDS 9-7. We will always remember this hotel for that exciting night. Go Cards! (P.S. Sorry goes out to anyone sleeping near us. We were overcome with excitement!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

I am glad that you were able to watch and celebrate the St. Louis Cardinals win at our hotel. As of today they are also one game away from World Series, I am sure you pretty excited about that.

Again thank you for staying with us at the Lewisburg, West Virginia Holiday Inn Express.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!