“Couldn't get there-they charged me anyway!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel M Lewisburg to your Saves list
Motel M Lewisburg
Motel M Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 West Fair Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Lewisburg)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Fort Worth, Texas
“Couldn't get there-they charged me anyway!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I recently made reservations via Internet. Got snowed in Charlottesville and could not move for two days. Sent them an email to let them know I could not get there and please cancel my reservations. I had no cell phone service - had only email. They charged me anyway for both days. They should not have the word America in their title. What they did was un-American and unfair. I am not finished. I am writing to corporate headquarters, better business bureau and anyone else I can think of. I am on the attack. I will be relentless. This is not way to do business. I will tell everyone I see to stay far away from America’s Best Value Inns. I guarantee I will do more than the $107 in damage to their business before I am done. I am disappointed that any American business would take advantage of a stranded, snowed-in traveler by just taking their money. I am finished with America’s Best Value Inns.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Northern Ky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

We would not stay here again. the walls were stained and althoough we did nto see any bugs, we feared they were there. Almost all of the electrical outlets/switches were pulled away from the walls. I cannot imagine this facility would pass an inspection for licensing for a motel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
west virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

The outside of the hotel looks fine but upon closer inspection it is not! The banister to the upstairs in the building we stayed in was held together with a rope! I had my reservation over 3 months in advance yet when I checked in at 5 pm. the maids were still in my room. The NON smoking room smelled terribly of smoke! There was a baseboard that had fallen off the wall and was left laying in the floor close to the wall. The lighting above the bed had been removed leaving a hole there which made me uncomfortable. There was so little lighting that we had to remove the lampshades so we could see. One wall, the one behind the bed had been painted red and the paint was smeared allover the ceiling as well. There was black mold growing allover the grout in the shower. The bedspreads smelled of urine! It was disgusting! Wireless internet did work although the manager is foreign and didn't speak clear english so it took a while to understand what he was saying about the password to get online and at first he had that wrong. There were workers there from out of state and they hollered and slammed doors and drank outside our door until late at night at one point even knocking on our door and nothing was done about it. Not a hotel I would stay at again....EVER! There is a nice Super 8 next to the interstate...I suggest that!

• Liked — It was across the street from the Fair Grounds.
  • Disliked — It was FILTHY and NOISY!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Thomas KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

Excellent value!! Clean!!! Refrig,Microwave, TV with cable stations operational. Plain, but functional. Staff friendly and helpful. Lewisburg a wonderful place to visit and enjoy the fall colors. Breakfast with juices, waffles, cereal, and breads.

• Liked — The price and the quality!
  • Disliked — Matresses are a little old and uncomfortable.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huntington, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2005

My family and I lasted a little over one hour in a "2 room suite" that we ended up paying $107 for a very disappointing hotel room (the other building that is not in the picture). The bedding had cigarette burns and was brown from wear on the underside, the particle board furniture was torn and beaten up, one of the bed frames was broken, and one of the beds had obviously not been changed due to a yellowed marking in the middle three layers through. However, the bites on our legs was the deal breaker that sent us literally running out. It was the last hotel with availability in the area (no wonder) and we were very tired. We debated with the clerk on why he should refund our money- but he refused. We ate our dinner in a Wal-mart parking lot and started our 4hr trek home around 9pm. Do not spend your time or money here! Beware: the web page is NOT what you get!

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2003

I travel to Ronceverte, WV two or three times a year. I always stay at the Rodeway Inn and I have never had a problem. The rooms are clean, the staff courteous and the efficiencies are great if you have children.

Been to Motel M Lewisburg? Share your experiences!