“DON'T DO IT!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel M Lewisburg to your Saves list
Motel M Lewisburg
Motel M Lewisburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 West Fair Street, Lewisburg, WV 24901 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn Lewisburg)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“DON'T DO IT!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel seven months ahead of when I needed it because I knew how difficults room were to come by during the Greenbrier Classic. I was emailed my reservation confirmation. They charged my credit card for 1 night for a deposit. Fast forward seven months and they tell me that the sound providers for the concert were taking all the rooms at the hotel and I would need to stay elsewhere! We picked this hotel because we could walk to the fairgrounds. At this late date there was no where else within walking distance - for that matter no decent affordable room closer than an hour drive! The tickets to the Greenbrier Classic are non-refundable so I am hoping to sell them without losing too much money. After attending the golf tournament and concerts every year we are now not able to attend. It is the week of our wedding anniversary and we were looking forward to seeing the Greenbrier again. But not this year, because THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HONOR RESERVATIONS. DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES - RESERVE ELSEWHERE!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
montrose, wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The 2 rooms we rented had no towels in one room, and 2 broken towel racks. The other room had dirty sheets with black pubic hair in it, blond hair in the tub and toe nail clippings on the floor by the bed. The manager and myself changed the bed late at night and she offered a refund. But when called the next day, she refused to refund any money. Dirty, dirty, dirty. We were there for a funeral and that stay in that motel was just more to upset us.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have very very loud heating unit thaf we could hear downstairs. Sorry I can't offe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here while traveling through. Judging by other reviews this motel must be under new ownership as I had a rather pleasant stay! The rooms seem to be newly renovated and the staff was extremely nice! Very Clean and located in a good area.

Its a few miles from the interstate, but well worth it. I highly recommend this motel to anyone who is looking to save some money but still wants a good night sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was a little shocked when I stayed here. I read the poor reviews and didn't know what to expect. What I found was a Very Clean room with everything I could want in a Hotel stay. The new Owners have Really, Really turned this place around in the past year. Enjoyed my stay and will book again next year for the WV State Fair Week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Niles, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

The name has changed. I forget exactly the new name but I think it is Budget Value hotel. I would guess it is because they no longer measure up to whatever low standards the franchise brands have lowered to. We were only staying a night while driving through and we wanted to stay close to town. We slept in one bed as the other bed was as swaybacked as an old horse. The sheets were not the cleanest and the vanity was falling off the wall. The electrical outlets were loose in the wall. Our room key was a reprogrammed Super 8 key! Drive just a little farther north, spend another $10 or $20 and stay in one of the chains near the freeway.

Room Tip: Go 3 miles north on 219 and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I recently made reservations via Internet. Got snowed in Charlottesville and could not move for two days. Sent them an email to let them know I could not get there and please cancel my reservations. I had no cell phone service - had only email. They charged me anyway for both days. They should not have the word America in their title. What they did was un-American and unfair. I am not finished. I am writing to corporate headquarters, better business bureau and anyone else I can think of. I am on the attack. I will be relentless. This is not way to do business. I will tell everyone I see to stay far away from America’s Best Value Inns. I guarantee I will do more than the $107 in damage to their business before I am done. I am disappointed that any American business would take advantage of a stranded, snowed-in traveler by just taking their money. I am finished with America’s Best Value Inns.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Northern KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

We would not stay here again. the walls were stained and althoough we did nto see any bugs, we feared they were there. Almost all of the electrical outlets/switches were pulled away from the walls. I cannot imagine this facility would pass an inspection for licensing for a motel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel M Lewisburg? Share your experiences!