“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
greenville,ky
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Dirty and with a terrible smell. Hair in the sink. Beer left in the refrigator. Dried coffee on the countertop. Box fan used for A/C. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. If I could rate it lower than one I would. No one was at the front desk to check out with. The Bed was horrible. and old. ---By far the worst hotel I have every been in, and if it had not been 11pm and me being exhausted from traveling all day I would not have stayed there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

After 24 hours on the road stuck in our car or the firehouse in Hinton that allowed pet, be packed up and headed to Lewisburg. The had availability and that was all I need. This is not the best property I have ever stayed but it was a roof, heat, beds and a shower. All of which we desperately. Considering there were no other rooms available in three surrounding exits, the $63 per night was just fine. The owner is hard to understand but we nice. I am more sorry that they earlier posters were so harsh. Obviousy this hotel needs some help, not ever one can be Trump Towers. And for goodness sakes, it's a small WV town, not a major tourist destination. Thanks Fort Savannah, we were happy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Traveling, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

The manager is a nice guy and he gave you a fair rate based on the availability in other motels. I think that all of the reviews saying he was rude must be written by people who have a hard time accepting others. He is hard to understand because he is middle eastern, but he was the most polite hotel clerk I think I've ever met. There's free coffee in the morning, tho the office smells bad. Considering that it is the only motel in town that costs less than $80/night, I really don't think all of these complaining reviews are necessary. You get what you see, and it's obvious that one of the buildings is condemned and the pool is messed up. You can see this before checking in. There were no bed bugs in the room I rented and there WAS a micro/fridge and full cable. Don't let these reviewers scare you away talking about 'skin conditions.' If you read up on bedbugs you see that they are in fact rather big and visible to the naked eye. It's not wonderful, and if you want wonderful than you have to pay the higher price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

What a mess!! The room carpet was filthy, the bathroom was not clean and the bottom sheet on the bed had either mold or mildew, the lamp shade was ripped and resting on the light bulb, the air conditioning didn't work very well and was very noisy and the outside of the building needs a lot of maintenance. The coffee pot in the lobby was white plastic tunrned brown from coffee stains and was sitting on a coffee-stained towel. I was changed more than $90 for this mess. After a pretty heated exchange, I was able to get a full refund. I emailed Econo Lodge to complain and was told this location is not affiliated with Choice Hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Terrible! Stayed there three years ago and still have some terrible skin condition that I acquired that night in their bed. In retrospect sleeping in my car would have been the far more preferable option. I wouldn't wish this hotel on my worst enemy.........

• Stayed June 2006, traveled solo
Richmond VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

The WORST night I've ever had in a hotel...The staff was rude, unfriendly, They quoted me a one night price of $112, when I protested, they said, OK $90. What happened to the posted $61?

The room was appalling. The A/C leaked, there were stains in the carpet and furniture,. In the middle of August, the A/C clanged all night and didn't cool...
In the morning when I went to the office to check out, there was a man sleeping on a mattress behind the desk area...

I will tell all my friends about the place....

• Liked — hated everything!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We were very displeased with the Motel. The first thing we did was have clean bedspread put on the beds. They looked like they had never been washed since being put on the beds. The more we looked around the dirtier we could see the room was. We discovered that there was no hot water. When we requested the manager he came and said someone else in the Motel was probably taking a shower. One of the lamps did not work. We tried a bulb but the bulb was not the problem.We had one wash cloth for two people. We left and went to another Motel in the area. My suggestion is that the whole thing be torn down. When the new Motel is finished you will not have many customers. We also found it very hard to communicate with the manager because of his inability to speak much English. We would never stay in that Motel again. Carl and Sue Yates

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — dirty and no hot water
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!