“Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Ohio
“Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

This place is disgusting! One building was boarded up, both should've been.... The room was filthy and reeked of urine. We booked online, paid prior to seeing the room... should've known better. Went up the road to the Super 8 and the girl at the front desk held the last room she had open for me till I could go back and get a refund from the EconoLodge. I did get a refund on the credit card, but not willingly. Stay at the Super 8. Very clean, nice size rooms and very nice people at the front desk.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
grottoes, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

This motel is in a state of disrepair-in fact one section's stairs are cordoned off with police tape it is in such bad tape (assuming it's not a crime scene).The room we had was also in poor shape-broken furniture, missing bathroom necessities, broken equipment, missing light bulbs, etc. The restaurant at the motel is closed down. The "pub" is open, but the staff is rude and hostile (unless you're local).
EconoLodge should disassociate itself from this dump.

• Stayed May 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

The hotel was shabby, burn holes all over the place and not particularly clean. The staff was rude. The bed was as hard as a rock. We thought they might have put two box springs together, but it was a mattress. We got no sleep over the two days we were there because the bed was so bad. There were no other available rooms in the area otherwise we would have left. We paid $100/night because it was a weekend. The only redeeming quality was the water pressure in the shower. I suggest you make reservations elsewhere early.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2003

The room was shabby, rundown, and overpriced for what it was.

My big problem with them was that they tried to charge me an outrageous amount of money for dialing up my ISP using a local Lewisburg number.
They had a sign on the phone saying they charged 50 cents per local call, so I called the front desk to ask about a per-minute charge; they assured me that there wasn't one. When checked out and they tried to charge me for the calls, I told the checkout guy that I'd checked with the front desk. He still tried to charge me, and actually made up an excuse about how the motel didn't have an ISP so there was a charge for connecting to one from a room. I ended up arguing with him for 15 minutes, leaving with an itemized receipt showing they weren't going to charge me for the calls. When I got back to the office, I had a voice mail saying they were going to charge me after all-- this time they were claiming that it was a long distance call, which it wasn't. I got it straightened out, but it took three or four calls.

When I went to check out, a young woman was checking out and getting socked with $10 for a call she'd thought was local. This makes me awfully suspicious that this motel does this stuff all the time.

Parking was convenient. The room was clean enough so the Health Department wouldn't shut them down. The old fort is cool, if you're in town for a while maybe stop in and check it out. Stay someplace else.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2003

We attended the West Virginia State Fair in August. We stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room was very clean and the desk clerk was very helpful. It was a very quiet place and the pool was very inviting. We enjoyed our stay even though it rained. We would stay there again in the future. It was a great place to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2003

We went to Lewisburg for the WV State Fair. Had a wonderful time in spite of the rain. The people there are very friendly and helpful. Traffic was heavy due to the fair, but the police kept everything running smoothly.One restaurant we ate the food wasn't very good, but the next day we ate at Shoney's (across the street) and food ws great. We stayed in the EconoLodge... everything was nice and clean and the people ho worked there were very helpful. A very enjoyable trip.

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!