“my WORST experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
Richmond VA
“my WORST experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

The WORST night I've ever had in a hotel...The staff was rude, unfriendly, They quoted me a one night price of $112, when I protested, they said, OK $90. What happened to the posted $61?

The room was appalling. The A/C leaked, there were stains in the carpet and furniture,. In the middle of August, the A/C clanged all night and didn't cool...
In the morning when I went to the office to check out, there was a man sleeping on a mattress behind the desk area...

I will tell all my friends about the place....

• Liked — hated everything!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We were very displeased with the Motel. The first thing we did was have clean bedspread put on the beds. They looked like they had never been washed since being put on the beds. The more we looked around the dirtier we could see the room was. We discovered that there was no hot water. When we requested the manager he came and said someone else in the Motel was probably taking a shower. One of the lamps did not work. We tried a bulb but the bulb was not the problem.We had one wash cloth for two people. We left and went to another Motel in the area. My suggestion is that the whole thing be torn down. When the new Motel is finished you will not have many customers. We also found it very hard to communicate with the manager because of his inability to speak much English. We would never stay in that Motel again. Carl and Sue Yates

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — dirty and no hot water
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

It was so terrible, filthy, very bad odor and very rude staff in the office. We went home after the fair concert instead of staying, the air conditioning didn't work, the bathroom fixtures were so corroded and horrible. I asked for a refund and they refused, didn't even consider giving us a refund!!!!!!!! Beware of this place and the picture they provide it is very deceiving.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything - it was filthy!!
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We had a confirmed reservation (via confirmation number and verbal communication directly with manager 2 days prior to our scheduled check-in) during the State Fair. Upon arrival, that confirmed reservation had mysteriously been given away. The people at the front desk were rude, completely unprofessional, offered no sympathy and simply did not care that they were causing an inconvenience to a family of 4 (our kids were 5 and not quite 2 at the time). We had needed 3 nights, finally got in on the last night...with NO apologies from them. Once we got in, we wished we were still camping in our cattle trailer--it was much cleaner than that joke of a room. The rooms were dirty, there was a huge gap all the way around the front door. The bathtub and sink were in horrible shape. I will NEVER stay in this dump again.

• Liked — That it only lasted one night!
  • Disliked — Condition of the room and lack of a friendly staff.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Fort Pierce, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

Mistake number one. Have a reservation before stopping for the night.
I ended up paying WAY too much for a night in this place.

Econolodge used to be an OK place to stay. It is no longer a place I could recommend if this is what you end up with.
I was afraid to park my car away from my room, so my room was changed. I was warned I may hear "noise", but I must admit it was quiet. I just couldn't bring myself to shower, as the tub looked very nasty.

I would be OK staying here, if I paid 25-30 dollars, but this cost me. with tax close to $60.

Never again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

This place is disgusting! One building was boarded up, both should've been.... The room was filthy and reeked of urine. We booked online, paid prior to seeing the room... should've known better. Went up the road to the Super 8 and the girl at the front desk held the last room she had open for me till I could go back and get a refund from the EconoLodge. I did get a refund on the credit card, but not willingly. Stay at the Super 8. Very clean, nice size rooms and very nice people at the front desk.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
grottoes, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

This motel is in a state of disrepair-in fact one section's stairs are cordoned off with police tape it is in such bad tape (assuming it's not a crime scene).The room we had was also in poor shape-broken furniture, missing bathroom necessities, broken equipment, missing light bulbs, etc. The restaurant at the motel is closed down. The "pub" is open, but the staff is rude and hostile (unless you're local).
EconoLodge should disassociate itself from this dump.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!