“Shabby; don't use the phone” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Fort Savannah
204 Jefferson St., Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Shabby; don't use the phone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2003

The room was shabby, rundown, and overpriced for what it was.

My big problem with them was that they tried to charge me an outrageous amount of money for dialing up my ISP using a local Lewisburg number.
They had a sign on the phone saying they charged 50 cents per local call, so I called the front desk to ask about a per-minute charge; they assured me that there wasn't one. When checked out and they tried to charge me for the calls, I told the checkout guy that I'd checked with the front desk. He still tried to charge me, and actually made up an excuse about how the motel didn't have an ISP so there was a charge for connecting to one from a room. I ended up arguing with him for 15 minutes, leaving with an itemized receipt showing they weren't going to charge me for the calls. When I got back to the office, I had a voice mail saying they were going to charge me after all-- this time they were claiming that it was a long distance call, which it wasn't. I got it straightened out, but it took three or four calls.

When I went to check out, a young woman was checking out and getting socked with $10 for a call she'd thought was local. This makes me awfully suspicious that this motel does this stuff all the time.

Parking was convenient. The room was clean enough so the Health Department wouldn't shut them down. The old fort is cool, if you're in town for a while maybe stop in and check it out. Stay someplace else.

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2003

We attended the West Virginia State Fair in August. We stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room was very clean and the desk clerk was very helpful. It was a very quiet place and the pool was very inviting. We enjoyed our stay even though it rained. We would stay there again in the future. It was a great place to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2003

We went to Lewisburg for the WV State Fair. Had a wonderful time in spite of the rain. The people there are very friendly and helpful. Traffic was heavy due to the fair, but the police kept everything running smoothly.One restaurant we ate the food wasn't very good, but the next day we ate at Shoney's (across the street) and food ws great. We stayed in the EconoLodge... everything was nice and clean and the people ho worked there were very helpful. A very enjoyable trip.

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Fort Savannah

Address: 204 Jefferson St., Lewisburg, WV 24901
Location: United States > West Virginia > Lewisburg
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Econo Lodge Fort Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Fort Savannah Hotel Lewisburg
Econo Lodge Lewisburg

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Fort Savannah, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.