“Bedbugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Bedbugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Bedbugs! Need I say more? Everything else in the area was full so we found a room at this place. We did our routine bedbug check, and they were very easy to find. Needless to say, we got a refund and left immediately. Stay away unless you want to take some unwelcome critters home with you.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Anderson Creek TWP, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I can not believe this place is still open for business. You have got to be kidding me. That was the absolute WORST place I have ever stayed...and I have lived in the middle east. The room was filthy. There was mold everywhere. The room stunk of cigarette smoke, that was covered up with a heavy coat of lysol. The lysol quickly wore off. The next night we had to wash all of our clothes to get the stank out of them. The door was scratched which left holes in the door you could see through. There was no screen on the ground floor window. We never turned on the A/C but we turned off the fridge because of the weird noise it made. There were two blood stains on the carpet. The bathroom was disgusting, we didn't even bother trying to take a shower, and that was after a long day on the motorcycle it wasn't worth it. We weren't looking for the Windsor, just a clean room and a good night's sleep. Unfortunately it was the only place available in town, but I wish we had checked trip advisor before booking. I would have preferred to sleep on the grass in a park, it would have been cleaner. If it were only possible to rate them lower then a 1. To make matters even worse, we paid a hundred bucks for this rat hole. You couldn't pay me to stay here again. It's not safe, don't do it! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Pretty sure one of the buildings was condemned. I would have hated to see the rooms there, stay som...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Anderson Creek, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked this room for the Run For The Wall, since the recommended hotels were all booked. When we got there, the front desk was in a dark and creepy room. We walked to our assigned room while a large group of people (who work there I think) stared at us for awhile. Our door had large scratches on it where you could see light through, and there were 2 locks on the door plus a chain (1 worked). The room reeked of smoke and mildew covered in a perfumy deodorant spray. There appeared to be blood stains on the carpet, and the whole room was nasty. We both started having allergy attacks, and could barely stay for the night. Had there been anything else available in town, we would have left. Now, even after reaching our next destination we had to wash all our clothing and bags, because the smell of this room was so bad and had gotten into everything. I honestly can't believe this place passes a health inspection. I wouldn't stay here again for free, much less the $100 we paid.

• Stayed May 2012
New Lenox, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

We booked with hotels .com because all the hotels in the area were booked. They charged me $170 and we drove up and immediately cancelled. My kids called in fort dump. There were trees growing out if the empty swimming pool. Didn't even make it inside.

• Stayed July 2011
Rupert, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We came to town to celebrate the new year. Upon arrival we found a dead mouse in the toilet. There was an open hole beside of the toilet stuffed with wet papertowles, and I could feel cold air coming in through the hole. I did not even attempt to enter the shower or open the shower curtain...I was too scared. Once that was over, I took the filthy BO laced cover off of our bed; I found mouse crap under the bed spread. One of the pillows had no pillow case. I brought my own pillow from home only to leave it behind for fear of dragging bed bugs back to my house. I think the room was so discusting the mouse committed suicide.
Also there were some safety issues. The window in our room #107 did not have a lock and could be opened from outside. I am just thankful we weren't raped and pillaged through the night. Throughout the night and the next morning until about noon there wasn't anybody at the front desk or in the office.
The only thing I liked about the room was the location to downtown and they had a fridge to keep my beer cold....I wish i would have just brought my cooler and sleeping bag so i could have stayed in my car.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
greenville,ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Dirty and with a terrible smell. Hair in the sink. Beer left in the refrigator. Dried coffee on the countertop. Box fan used for A/C. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. If I could rate it lower than one I would. No one was at the front desk to check out with. The Bed was horrible. and old. ---By far the worst hotel I have every been in, and if it had not been 11pm and me being exhausted from traveling all day I would not have stayed there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

After 24 hours on the road stuck in our car or the firehouse in Hinton that allowed pet, be packed up and headed to Lewisburg. The had availability and that was all I need. This is not the best property I have ever stayed but it was a roof, heat, beds and a shower. All of which we desperately. Considering there were no other rooms available in three surrounding exits, the $63 per night was just fine. The owner is hard to understand but we nice. I am more sorry that they earlier posters were so harsh. Obviousy this hotel needs some help, not ever one can be Trump Towers. And for goodness sakes, it's a small WV town, not a major tourist destination. Thanks Fort Savannah, we were happy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!