“Worse nightmare!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Lewisburg
WV
“Worse nightmare!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

It was so terrible, filthy, very bad odor and very rude staff in the office. We went home after the fair concert instead of staying, the air conditioning didn't work, the bathroom fixtures were so corroded and horrible. I asked for a refund and they refused, didn't even consider giving us a refund!!!!!!!! Beware of this place and the picture they provide it is very deceiving.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything - it was filthy!!
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We had a confirmed reservation (via confirmation number and verbal communication directly with manager 2 days prior to our scheduled check-in) during the State Fair. Upon arrival, that confirmed reservation had mysteriously been given away. The people at the front desk were rude, completely unprofessional, offered no sympathy and simply did not care that they were causing an inconvenience to a family of 4 (our kids were 5 and not quite 2 at the time). We had needed 3 nights, finally got in on the last night...with NO apologies from them. Once we got in, we wished we were still camping in our cattle trailer--it was much cleaner than that joke of a room. The rooms were dirty, there was a huge gap all the way around the front door. The bathtub and sink were in horrible shape. I will NEVER stay in this dump again.

• Liked — That it only lasted one night!
  • Disliked — Condition of the room and lack of a friendly staff.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

Fort Pierce, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

Mistake number one. Have a reservation before stopping for the night.
I ended up paying WAY too much for a night in this place.

Econolodge used to be an OK place to stay. It is no longer a place I could recommend if this is what you end up with.
I was afraid to park my car away from my room, so my room was changed. I was warned I may hear "noise", but I must admit it was quiet. I just couldn't bring myself to shower, as the tub looked very nasty.

I would be OK staying here, if I paid 25-30 dollars, but this cost me. with tax close to $60.

Never again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

This place is disgusting! One building was boarded up, both should've been.... The room was filthy and reeked of urine. We booked online, paid prior to seeing the room... should've known better. Went up the road to the Super 8 and the girl at the front desk held the last room she had open for me till I could go back and get a refund from the EconoLodge. I did get a refund on the credit card, but not willingly. Stay at the Super 8. Very clean, nice size rooms and very nice people at the front desk.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
grottoes, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

This motel is in a state of disrepair-in fact one section's stairs are cordoned off with police tape it is in such bad tape (assuming it's not a crime scene).The room we had was also in poor shape-broken furniture, missing bathroom necessities, broken equipment, missing light bulbs, etc. The restaurant at the motel is closed down. The "pub" is open, but the staff is rude and hostile (unless you're local).
EconoLodge should disassociate itself from this dump.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

The hotel was shabby, burn holes all over the place and not particularly clean. The staff was rude. The bed was as hard as a rock. We thought they might have put two box springs together, but it was a mattress. We got no sleep over the two days we were there because the bed was so bad. There were no other available rooms in the area otherwise we would have left. We paid $100/night because it was a weekend. The only redeeming quality was the water pressure in the shower. I suggest you make reservations elsewhere early.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2003

The room was shabby, rundown, and overpriced for what it was.

My big problem with them was that they tried to charge me an outrageous amount of money for dialing up my ISP using a local Lewisburg number.
They had a sign on the phone saying they charged 50 cents per local call, so I called the front desk to ask about a per-minute charge; they assured me that there wasn't one. When checked out and they tried to charge me for the calls, I told the checkout guy that I'd checked with the front desk. He still tried to charge me, and actually made up an excuse about how the motel didn't have an ISP so there was a charge for connecting to one from a room. I ended up arguing with him for 15 minutes, leaving with an itemized receipt showing they weren't going to charge me for the calls. When I got back to the office, I had a voice mail saying they were going to charge me after all-- this time they were claiming that it was a long distance call, which it wasn't. I got it straightened out, but it took three or four calls.

When I went to check out, a young woman was checking out and getting socked with $10 for a call she'd thought was local. This makes me awfully suspicious that this motel does this stuff all the time.

Parking was convenient. The room was clean enough so the Health Department wouldn't shut them down. The old fort is cool, if you're in town for a while maybe stop in and check it out. Stay someplace else.

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!