“Please don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Fort Savannah
204 Jefferson St., Lewisburg, WV 24901   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
New Lenox, Illinois
“Please don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

We booked with hotels .com because all the hotels in the area were booked. They charged me $170 and we drove up and immediately cancelled. My kids called in fort dump. There were trees growing out if the empty swimming pool. Didn't even make it inside.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rupert, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We came to town to celebrate the new year. Upon arrival we found a dead mouse in the toilet. There was an open hole beside of the toilet stuffed with wet papertowles, and I could feel cold air coming in through the hole. I did not even attempt to enter the shower or open the shower curtain...I was too scared. Once that was over, I took the filthy BO laced cover off of our bed; I found mouse crap under the bed spread. One of the pillows had no pillow case. I brought my own pillow from home only to leave it behind for fear of dragging bed bugs back to my house. I think the room was so discusting the mouse committed suicide.
Also there were some safety issues. The window in our room #107 did not have a lock and could be opened from outside. I am just thankful we weren't raped and pillaged through the night. Throughout the night and the next morning until about noon there wasn't anybody at the front desk or in the office.
The only thing I liked about the room was the location to downtown and they had a fridge to keep my beer cold....I wish i would have just brought my cooler and sleeping bag so i could have stayed in my car.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Lewisburg hotels

greenville,ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Dirty and with a terrible smell. Hair in the sink. Beer left in the refrigator. Dried coffee on the countertop. Box fan used for A/C. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. If I could rate it lower than one I would. No one was at the front desk to check out with. The Bed was horrible. and old. ---By far the worst hotel I have every been in, and if it had not been 11pm and me being exhausted from traveling all day I would not have stayed there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

After 24 hours on the road stuck in our car or the firehouse in Hinton that allowed pet, be packed up and headed to Lewisburg. The had availability and that was all I need. This is not the best property I have ever stayed but it was a roof, heat, beds and a shower. All of which we desperately. Considering there were no other rooms available in three surrounding exits, the $63 per night was just fine. The owner is hard to understand but we nice. I am more sorry that they earlier posters were so harsh. Obviousy this hotel needs some help, not ever one can be Trump Towers. And for goodness sakes, it's a small WV town, not a major tourist destination. Thanks Fort Savannah, we were happy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Traveling, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

The manager is a nice guy and he gave you a fair rate based on the availability in other motels. I think that all of the reviews saying he was rude must be written by people who have a hard time accepting others. He is hard to understand because he is middle eastern, but he was the most polite hotel clerk I think I've ever met. There's free coffee in the morning, tho the office smells bad. Considering that it is the only motel in town that costs less than $80/night, I really don't think all of these complaining reviews are necessary. You get what you see, and it's obvious that one of the buildings is condemned and the pool is messed up. You can see this before checking in. There were no bed bugs in the room I rented and there WAS a micro/fridge and full cable. Don't let these reviewers scare you away talking about 'skin conditions.' If you read up on bedbugs you see that they are in fact rather big and visible to the naked eye. It's not wonderful, and if you want wonderful than you have to pay the higher price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

What a mess!! The room carpet was filthy, the bathroom was not clean and the bottom sheet on the bed had either mold or mildew, the lamp shade was ripped and resting on the light bulb, the air conditioning didn't work very well and was very noisy and the outside of the building needs a lot of maintenance. The coffee pot in the lobby was white plastic tunrned brown from coffee stains and was sitting on a coffee-stained towel. I was changed more than $90 for this mess. After a pretty heated exchange, I was able to get a full refund. I emailed Econo Lodge to complain and was told this location is not affiliated with Choice Hotels.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Terrible! Stayed there three years ago and still have some terrible skin condition that I acquired that night in their bed. In retrospect sleeping in my car would have been the far more preferable option. I wouldn't wish this hotel on my worst enemy.........

• Stayed June 2006, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Fort Savannah? Share your experiences!