“Family Tradition” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Keyser Inn

Keyser Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keyser
Keyser Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Keyser
Richmond, Virginia
“Family Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family has been staying at the Keyser Inn every August while in town for a family reunion for almost twenty years. We've always found the staff to be very accommodating and polite, even when we show up in the early morning hours after a long drive. This year my husband and I stayed in room 211, which is upstairs just off the landing for the stairs. The room itself is nothing fancy, but we found it to be quite clean. Because I'd stayed in that room before years ago, I noticed that they updated the carpet, bedspreads, furniture and television. My parents and grandparents were in nearby rooms, which were also updated. Perhaps the sinks will be their next update as it looks quite dated, but it was in full-working order. We did not see any bugs in any of the rooms.

The beds are very comfortable, although the pillows were a little too firm for comfort.

Breakfast is very basic - cereal, bagels, coffee, etc. There's a college in the town, so there are fast food joints and other restaurants nearby. We satisfied ourselves with some donuts from the nearby WalMart before heading to our reunion.

Our only complaint was that some guests arrived at 1am on the Friday night and were very, very loud in the hallway. We were almost to the point of complaining to staff when those guests finally found their rooms and shut up.

For the price, this place is a comfortable little gem. So long as you're not expecting the Ritz, you will be very happy with this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hamilton, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here July, 2013. Had a terrific room- #201- was large and very comfortable. The rates were great and the breakfast was very nice- warm hard-boiled eggs, bagels, assortment of muffins, cereal, etc. Our hostess, Kathy, was wonderful and we had a delightful stay! I would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: #201 had a large Jacuzzi tub, also had an adjoining living room. There was a very large, flat-screen...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Keyser, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here until I found a furnished apartment while on a contract job. Comfortable beds, nice TV, microwave and mini-fridge in room, good breakfast, computer with printer provided in common area, can't ask for much more, excellent value overall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The rooms have been updated and were clean and well appointed. This is not a luxury hotel but a good place for a nite or two. The cost is excellent and there is a continental breakfast.
Check in was easy and the room was sufficient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been staying here several times a year for the past few years and on my last two trips I have noticed a decline in cleanliness and customer service. On March 29th after a 5 hour drive and getting in late from visiting family we checked in tired and ready for bed. After checking in, doing my bedbug check, unpacking and and getting changed for bed Kelly moved the night stand and found an old coke can and candy wrapper covered in dust. We then went to lay down and found what appeared to be a blood stain on a pillow case we pulled from the other bed. We later found what appears to be a blood stain on the sheet of the other bed. We exchanged the pillow for a new one and waited until morning to say something about the trash. There was no apology for the pillow case and we were given the same pillow back.
The night was quiet and we slept fair.
The next morning on our way out I stopped at the front desk and told the staff about the trash and asked if they would please pick it up and vacuum. The woman's body language and language was that of she didn't really care. Again no apology was offered and she followed with a list of things I should have done. Like asking to change rooms when we were already unpacked and ready for bed. She was not pleasant to deal with and showed no ownership of the problem.
March 30th we returned around 930 tired and ready for sleep. We checked and the trash was gone but they did not vacuum. We went to bed around ten. We were woken at midnight by the alarm clock going off. We had not set the alarm and in all my stays it has never gone off. I believe the individual cleaning the room must have set it as we had not touched it during our stay.
I angrily expressed my outrage to the front desk that night and was again met with indifference.
We were suppose to stay another night but checked out Easter morning and found another hotel. I highly doubt I will stay at the Keyser Inn again.
Btw if you don't know blood specs on sheets and pillow case is a sign of bed bugs. They had bed bug covers installed improperly as well.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before paying or getting comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice, clean and roomy inn. The rooms are quiet EXCEPT for the heating/cooling unit, which cycled between quiet and loud. I always have earplugs but they were not enough to drown out this noise, so I ended up turning it off and opening the window. This will not bother normal sleepers, but light sleepers beware!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed in many places in this price range and higher. This Inn is a supervalue, especially with AAA discount. We will be in Keyser again in May and will definately stay here.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Keyser Inn? Share your experiences!