“Good Hotel and Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1937 Short Road, off Short Road exit, Rt. 9 East, Kearneysville, WV 25430   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kearneysville
“Good Hotel and Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

This hotel has very nice facilities as one can see from the photos I have added to this review. My husband and I found everything to be neat, clean and in order as far as the physical facilities. Yes, there is no elevator, but we have been in hotels before without elevators. If there is a problem or handicap, one can ask for the ground floor. There is also a Garden Level, which must also be entered via stairs and the second floor must be entered via stairs. As far as highway location, it is about 5 miles from the highway exit, but we did not find that to be a problem. We like to pack picnic lunches, and one day we got sandwiches from a Subway that is 6/10ths of a mile down the road. (Turn left when coming out of the hotel.) Additionally, we ate at night at the Cracker Barrel, which is about 5 miles down the road- turning left once again from the hotel. It is in the Martinsburg Mall complex. One turns right on Foxcroft Avenue and when one turns right, almost immediately there is a Ruby Tuesdays on the left. Proceed around the Mall to the left and in back of the Mall. Cracker Barrel is on the left. It is easy to pass because of bushes in front. Additionally, as far as location (and this is one of the reasons we chose this hotel), it is very near Harpers Ferry and Antietam National Park. For those who are interested in racing there is Charles Town Races and Slots.

The breakfast selection is good- dry cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, danishes, juices, coffees, hot cereal mixes, waffles and scrambled eggs and sausages. (the pre-made variety).

The only downside of this hotel is the current staff. They were polite and did their job, but their attitude said (to us, anyway) that they did not like it there, or were unhappy, or whatever. We like an efficient breakfast area, where the breakfast attendant is keeping supplies available, is wiping off the tables, is helping the patrons, etc. The attendant did the first, but she had a poor attitude and did not keep the tables clean, even on a slow morning. (We were there Saturday and Sunday nights.) In fact, she even sat down and ate her breakfast before the time for breakfast was over! She definitely did not seem happy to be there. Nor did the rest of the staff. They just seemed deenergized.

• Liked — The facilities and the good breakfast selection
  • Disliked — The staff's attitude
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
plattsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

First of all, this hotel DOES NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR!!!!
I find this out when the dest clerk sees me come in with a dolly carring 4 plus large suitcases for me and family. She did say "I'm Sorry"
After almost dying getting all the luggage to second floor and entering the room I am in a fog of cigarette smoke. I called down and she said of course they had put me in a smoking room even though I had requested a non smoking.
The carpet was filthy,water stains all over the room and the stench was just unbearable. This place should be closed down. Not a place for women traveling alone. A very very bad experience, ended up at Hampton Inn back on I-81 so go there in the first place, it was great.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Kearneysville hotels

Upstate S.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

Four sisters with we, their husbands, in our 6o's, stayed two nights over a week-end. Check-in was swift. A most courteous desk clerk. The rooms were spaceous, clean, comfortable, quiet. There was a microwave, refridgerator, sofa, desk/table, chairs. The a/c was quiet. The bath room was none too large. Second floor- steps only. Breakfast had a full range of foods, including waffles, sausage and bacon. But when there are sports teams staying too, give thought to getting there early!

We used this location while visiting Charles Town Races and Shepherdstown. Very convenient for both. We will stay again. You must book as early as possible. The rates follow the occupancy curve!

Stayed July 2006
Storrs, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Martinsburg for two nights in June 2005. We found the hotel nice and quiet but it is almost 6 miles off I-81 and in a residential neighboorhood with no sidewalks and a noisy road. The room itself was small but comfortable. Our room had a microwave and fridge and 2 double beds. The microwave and fridge area had almost no counter space and our shower made a loud constant squealing noise when we used it. Also the desk clerks gave very bad directions and were not friendly. There is also no elevator in this hotel but a friendly hotel guest carried my bag to my room. The free deluxe continental breakfast was the best part of my stay and the pool is very nice too. There is also a very small exercise room. The free coffee was very weak and terrible. While my stay was okay, I don't think I would return to this Comfort Suite. I enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Inn Shenandoah in Virginia tremendously but my Comfort Suite experience in Martinsburg was just average. I'm not coming back!

Stayed June 2005
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2004

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last march.
It was kinda far off the interstate so I was worried but when we got there is was very pretty, inside and out. The night dest clerk, a young man, was very sweet and helpful. The room was nice, clean and comfy.
Will stay there again on our next trip.

Denton, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2003

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in Martinsburg. We love the location because it's close to the Veterans Hospital which is the purpose of our trip there, so the location is great for us. We have always had very clean rooms and we are always pleased with the friendly staff. The continental breakfast is always good and plentiful. Coffee is always hot and available. During the summer months we utilize the pool which the children love! It's quiet and peaceful and parking is plentiful.
Everything we need is just a short drive away.
This hotel has met all our needs. Thanks for always making our stay pleasant.

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2002

I stayed at this hotel in January 2002. It is located in a residential neighborhood and is about a 15 minute drive to the downtown Martinsburg area. The facilities and rooms were well maintained and clean. The hotel offered a continental breakfast bar. The hotel also had a pool, but it was closed during the winter. Accommodations included a partial living room area with sofa and had a refrigerator and microwave. The only negative about the hotel is that it is located quite a distance from stores and shopping.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!