“Why stay anywhere else!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1937 Short Road, off Short Road exit, Rt. 9 East, Kearneysville, WV 25430   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kearneysville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Why stay anywhere else!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

We're been a regular guest each June and September since they opened as well as other times during the year when we've traveled north. They've learned our needs, have become friends and even feel like family. They are quick to solve problems and you can't beat the staff from maintenance, to housekeeping, to the Front Desk, to management. We're headed back next week for extended stay along with three other couples who are regular guests!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
virgina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

had to stay there for a month while working in the area, hotel is in need of a referb. was in 4 different rooms 3 of them had major issues from tobaco odor to BO odor to stink bugs infestation. the 4 th room was the best of all. no problems except for the noise from the other rooms and the parking lot. One of our work trucks was broken into while there. Lost some tools, managment resoinse was to point out that there not responsable. They have security untill 1 am and he stays in the lobby. was talking to a nother guest there and found out his truck was broken into the prievious week..

The odor in room 130 was so overpowering I had a friend walk in an he also identified the stench. I then asked the desk clerk to check it out, He claimed to smell nothing. He must have been used to it .

Cheap rate good for the bottom line of the company but the hotel need a little more then a face lift. The rooms need to be brought up to date and fixtures replaced. The burns on the sinks and the cracks in the bowl show more then age.

if you stay there park in fron of the cameras not in the back lot. although well lit no fence to protect the lot from some one accessing from the woods next door

there attitude is just give me your credit card and check out by 11 am

food for breakfast was good and fresh.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Kearneysville hotels

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

After I returned from my trip, I realised that the bite on my ankle in the room - and those I received nightly at home afterward were bedbugs!! I stayed at another hotel on my way home, and they checked that room thoroughly with an exterminator so the bugs came from this hotel!
I had to throw out my mattress, boxspring and all bedding and steam clean my room and clean my clothes. I am praying I got rid of them all - my a nightmare!!!
By the way, I contacted the hotel and they sent me at letter asking me to call them with the details and I realised that they reversed their customer service!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I traveled to Martinsburg with 34 colleagues (all in separate rooms) for a conference in nearby Sheperdstown (all hotels booked up). On first appearances, a decent hotel with a very nice and friendly staff. Check-in was a breeze. My room was on the 1st floor. There is NO elevator, but wasn't a problem for me - just other colleagues on the 2nd floor (there are 2 full floors (main level and upper level), and a partial lower floor). Although the entire hotel is smoke-free, my 1st room smelled terribly of smoke. Several other colleages complained of the same thing so I didn't bother asking to be changed on the same day I checked in. However, after sleeping terribly because of my congestion due to the smoke, I did ask to be moved. My 2nd room smelled much better, although I did lose my whirlpool bathtub - a doable consession since I lost the smokieness. Although it smelled 100% better, there is evidence that this room was once a smoking room - cigarette burns on the countertop in the bathroom. The room is somewhat small, but my king bed was comfortable and there was a hide-a-bed/couch for add'l comfort. There is NOTHING nearby except for a small grocery. You'd stay here but there aren't any restaurants or pubs nearby to entertain you after your day is over. Also - their "fitness center" was a treadmill and a cross-trainer squeezed into a tiny room with a tiny TV to share.

A sidenote - a colleague found visable bed bugs in his bed prior to asking to be moved!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

Really nice place... comfortable king bed... staff was very friendly

• Liked — nice big bed
  • Disliked — soundproofing wasn't the best
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

This hotel has very nice facilities as one can see from the photos I have added to this review. My husband and I found everything to be neat, clean and in order as far as the physical facilities. Yes, there is no elevator, but we have been in hotels before without elevators. If there is a problem or handicap, one can ask for the ground floor. There is also a Garden Level, which must also be entered via stairs and the second floor must be entered via stairs. As far as highway location, it is about 5 miles from the highway exit, but we did not find that to be a problem. We like to pack picnic lunches, and one day we got sandwiches from a Subway that is 6/10ths of a mile down the road. (Turn left when coming out of the hotel.) Additionally, we ate at night at the Cracker Barrel, which is about 5 miles down the road- turning left once again from the hotel. It is in the Martinsburg Mall complex. One turns right on Foxcroft Avenue and when one turns right, almost immediately there is a Ruby Tuesdays on the left. Proceed around the Mall to the left and in back of the Mall. Cracker Barrel is on the left. It is easy to pass because of bushes in front. Additionally, as far as location (and this is one of the reasons we chose this hotel), it is very near Harpers Ferry and Antietam National Park. For those who are interested in racing there is Charles Town Races and Slots.

The breakfast selection is good- dry cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels, danishes, juices, coffees, hot cereal mixes, waffles and scrambled eggs and sausages. (the pre-made variety).

The only downside of this hotel is the current staff. They were polite and did their job, but their attitude said (to us, anyway) that they did not like it there, or were unhappy, or whatever. We like an efficient breakfast area, where the breakfast attendant is keeping supplies available, is wiping off the tables, is helping the patrons, etc. The attendant did the first, but she had a poor attitude and did not keep the tables clean, even on a slow morning. (We were there Saturday and Sunday nights.) In fact, she even sat down and ate her breakfast before the time for breakfast was over! She definitely did not seem happy to be there. Nor did the rest of the staff. They just seemed deenergized.

• Liked — The facilities and the good breakfast selection
  • Disliked — The staff's attitude
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
plattsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

First of all, this hotel DOES NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR!!!!
I find this out when the dest clerk sees me come in with a dolly carring 4 plus large suitcases for me and family. She did say "I'm Sorry"
After almost dying getting all the luggage to second floor and entering the room I am in a fog of cigarette smoke. I called down and she said of course they had put me in a smoking room even though I had requested a non smoking.
The carpet was filthy,water stains all over the room and the stench was just unbearable. This place should be closed down. Not a place for women traveling alone. A very very bad experience, ended up at Hampton Inn back on I-81 so go there in the first place, it was great.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!