“what a disaster!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Hurricane
Nelsonville, Ohio
“what a disaster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

The staff at this hotel were friendly, BUT, the room itself was so dirty. My young child found a half filled pop bottle right under the foot of the bed. The maid didn't sweep during our two night stay. She did not clean our sink, our bathtub was gross and even our bed looked pretty messy. And even the televison was yucky. It had terrible sound and for the price we paid, we felt jipped. It felt like no one cared about your stay. I was actually afraid of the sheets after it looked so bad. How did I know the maid even changed them before we came. I had booked one more night but after two nights of yuck, I had it. I wasn't spending another night ever here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was perfect. We couldn't believe that the price was half of the hotel across the street! Pet friendly too!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

There were people with a grill outside of their room when we went up to ours --- they appeared to be living in the hotel. Other strange men were lurking in the halls and we heard loud noises from the floor above us at all hours of the night. We were actually afraid that our car would be stolen from the parking lot. Not a good place to stay unless you are ready to fall asleep at the wheel --- then I would suggest it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Carmel, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

After reading previous reviews, my wife and I decided to stay here on our way to DC. $48.00 tax included and it was worth that not a penny more. This property has not been updated and is in the vicinty of several retail locations. There were a fair number of loiterers in the parking lot which was alarming. Bed was old and spongy. Sheets were worn and comforter had cigarette burns in it. The bathroom towels were tiny and we received only two. The was a fair amount of mold around the upper edge of the shower. The walls are thin so you can hear what is going on around you. The staff was extremely courteous. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

This was our final stop on a 1500 mile road trip that took place over the course of 4 days. Once again I relied on my Garmin GPS to inform me of what was nearby. After having a really bad experience with a different Motel on our trip out, we were pleasantly suprised with the Red Roof Inn. I called from my cell phone and told them what we were looking for, the desk clerk was friendly and helpful and was expecting us when we arrived.

Without asking, she immediately had additional towels and wash cloths ready for us, I had just spoken to her 10 minutes earlier, so she knew and remembered I was traveling with kids. She was extremely friendly and helpful!

The room was beyond expectations, it was not only extremely clean, but appeared to have been remodeled/upgraded recently.

The only drawback was that I was disappointed that you must pay for Wi-Fi. In this day and age when you can get free Wi-Fi at most campgrounds, I have come to expect that Motels should offer comparable service. That would be the ONLY thing that would keep me from staying again, as there is a Motel not 100 yards away that does offer free Wi-Fi.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness of the room.
  • Disliked — Have to pay for Wi-Fi
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kettering, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

I am used to different levels of quality at various Red Roof properties, but usually find them to be clean and safe at a low (but increasing) price. This is not one of their best. A litllle run down, hidden behind a dying shopping center and next to another. It got noisy after 10 p.m. when the locals got in from their day at work.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
springfield,ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2005

Motel was clean, friendly staff, good location. Trying to sleep however, is a different matter. Starting at 11:30 PM up to 3:00AM there were people running up and down the stairs laughing and talking loudly. There were also several people in the parking lot drinking and raising a ruckus. I finally called the front desk at 1:00AM and the night manager said he would talk to them. At 2:15AM all the commotion was still going on. This time the manager said "Well this is a hotel after all!" Nothing was done. The next morning I checked out at 8:00AM Having had about 4 hours sleep. The morning manager did give me the room for half price.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!