“Treated Very Rudely At Check In!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Putnam Village Dr, Hurricane, WV 25526   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
“Treated Very Rudely At Check In!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that my husband and I are cargo freight expediters and travel the country 50 weeks out of the year and stay exclusively at RRI's or Motel 6's. I rarely ever complain about service or an experience with staff at said motel or hotels. With that being said I will only state that front desk clerk upon arrival and check in went totally out of her way to be rude and condescending to wife and I. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. We decided to cut our stay back to one night instead of the planned 3. Room was pleasant enough. Location is not very good. No pool. Usually for the rate we paid they at least have a pool and you're always treated with respect.

• Stayed June 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that you were treated rudely upon checking in. This is certainly not acceptable and it will be addressed. I appreciate getting feedback that can help us improve our service. We want to provide a clean comfortable room with friendly service at a reasonable price. I'm sorry that you felt you needed to check out early and I hope that you will consider trying us again in the future.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jamestown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

On check in the staff was friendly and very helpful. We arrived late and the girl at the counter helped me find a restaurant close with good food. The motel is very close to I-64 with lots of options for meals. The room was well appointed and clean, the refrigerator and microwave both worked well. The area was quiet and safe. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our new rooms. I agree that we do have quite a few good restaurant options available and we are easy access from I-64. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again on your next visit.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you're passing through East to West or vice-versa, this is a good place to lay your head, especially if you have pets. Pets are free, the rooms are nicely refurbished, the staff is helpful and courteous, and it's close to the highway so that your trip can continue easily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I agree that we are a good stop off on longer trips and yes we are pet friendly. I hope you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update the rooms and are very proud of them. Thanks again for your review. We appreciate your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through.

New Albany, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had put in when I reserved this room online that we would be getting in after midnight (actual 12:17a.m.) and the attendant could not hear that I had walked into the foyer. He was in his quarters watching the TV news and did not hear me. I suggested a note/bell to sound during those hours when someone comes in late. Red Roof had recently redone these rooms and they were very nice and comfortable, as always. We will continue to stay at Red Roof Inn in the future as always. They have clean, comfortabe rooms and their staff remains friendly, courteous, and professional always trying to help with any needs we may have. The price, which is very important to us, has stayed well within reach. As our family spreads out, and we need to travel to see them, Red Roof Inn continues to be our choice of stay. We are going to Pigeon Forge in June and already have our reservations there.

Room Tip: This is close to the innerstate but you hear no travel noise. There are places within walking distan...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and welcome back. I'm glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and improve the rooms so our guests can have a better experience staying with us. I agree with you that we are clean, comfortable, and affordable with a friendly staff. I wanted to let you know that we are adding hairdryers, irons and ironing boards to our Superior King roomtype so the next time you stay with us, you may want to check that out. Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had planned on staying at this location earlier and due to the construction. The only room left was smoking which would not work. We had to make another trip and I thought I would try this location again. So, glad I did…such a pleasant surprise. The room was immaculate the beds were so comfortable. The desk was a great new feature and we also had a refrigerator. I especially like the room they had dedicated to ice machine, snacks and fresh coffee. The fresh coffee and supplies were great and always plenty. Room service was prompt and ready to offer us any supplies that we might need. We will differnlty be staying at this location again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and upgrade the property with new beds, new flat screen televisions, new floors, new bathrooms, new furniture, and new softgoods. I believe a lot of people will be surprised just like you were when you saw the room. We are not yet finished with our renovation, but hope to be in another month or so. I'm glad you tried us again and hope more people will give us a try. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Average facility decently maintained, well located near I64 W. All this is negated as soon as you enter the room. I have been in many bars and nightclubs that were not as smokey as this place. It is quite considering its location. It is better to get one of the rooms in the back of the hotel away from the main parking area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your room had a smoking odor. Some of our smoking rooms have been smoked in for quite some time. I wanted to let you know that we will be starting a renovation soon and will becoming a smoke free hotel. Hopefully, this will address the issue you mentioned in your review. Thanks again for your business.
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We needed a place we could stay with our dog. We usually stay at La Quinta, but there are none in West Virginia, so this was our other choice. The staff was nice enough. We needed to get more towels and washcloths since only 2 were in the room (for a 4 person room). The room was a bit run down, but adequate. The beds were bouncy. The TV reception was awful. It was like being back in 1972, but with more channels. Fortunately, we were only there for about 10 hours total. Very noisy area with traffic and the other guests were questionable. Beer bottles were a common sight, and one guest who decided to set off his car alarm and then leave at 4:30 AM.

Room Tip: Stay on back side where it's less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't have a great stay with us. We will address the issues you raised. I wanted to let you know that we will be remodeled soon to update the rooms and we are addressing the television issue and will be getting new flat screen televisions as well. We do appreciate your business and wanted to let you know that you and your dog are welcome anytime. I hope you try us again.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!