“Great Service, Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Putnam Village Dr, Hurricane, WV 25526   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Hurricane
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Service, Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you're passing through East to West or vice-versa, this is a good place to lay your head, especially if you have pets. Pets are free, the rooms are nicely refurbished, the staff is helpful and courteous, and it's close to the highway so that your trip can continue easily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I agree that we are a good stop off on longer trips and yes we are pet friendly. I hope you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update the rooms and are very proud of them. Thanks again for your review. We appreciate your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had put in when I reserved this room online that we would be getting in after midnight (actual 12:17a.m.) and the attendant could not hear that I had walked into the foyer. He was in his quarters watching the TV news and did not hear me. I suggested a note/bell to sound during those hours when someone comes in late. Red Roof had recently redone these rooms and they were very nice and comfortable, as always. We will continue to stay at Red Roof Inn in the future as always. They have clean, comfortabe rooms and their staff remains friendly, courteous, and professional always trying to help with any needs we may have. The price, which is very important to us, has stayed well within reach. As our family spreads out, and we need to travel to see them, Red Roof Inn continues to be our choice of stay. We are going to Pigeon Forge in June and already have our reservations there.

Room Tip: This is close to the innerstate but you hear no travel noise. There are places within walking distan...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and welcome back. I'm glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and improve the rooms so our guests can have a better experience staying with us. I agree with you that we are clean, comfortable, and affordable with a friendly staff. I wanted to let you know that we are adding hairdryers, irons and ironing boards to our Superior King roomtype so the next time you stay with us, you may want to check that out. Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had planned on staying at this location earlier and due to the construction. The only room left was smoking which would not work. We had to make another trip and I thought I would try this location again. So, glad I did…such a pleasant surprise. The room was immaculate the beds were so comfortable. The desk was a great new feature and we also had a refrigerator. I especially like the room they had dedicated to ice machine, snacks and fresh coffee. The fresh coffee and supplies were great and always plenty. Room service was prompt and ready to offer us any supplies that we might need. We will differnlty be staying at this location again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and upgrade the property with new beds, new flat screen televisions, new floors, new bathrooms, new furniture, and new softgoods. I believe a lot of people will be surprised just like you were when you saw the room. We are not yet finished with our renovation, but hope to be in another month or so. I'm glad you tried us again and hope more people will give us a try. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Average facility decently maintained, well located near I64 W. All this is negated as soon as you enter the room. I have been in many bars and nightclubs that were not as smokey as this place. It is quite considering its location. It is better to get one of the rooms in the back of the hotel away from the main parking area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your room had a smoking odor. Some of our smoking rooms have been smoked in for quite some time. I wanted to let you know that we will be starting a renovation soon and will becoming a smoke free hotel. Hopefully, this will address the issue you mentioned in your review. Thanks again for your business.
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We needed a place we could stay with our dog. We usually stay at La Quinta, but there are none in West Virginia, so this was our other choice. The staff was nice enough. We needed to get more towels and washcloths since only 2 were in the room (for a 4 person room). The room was a bit run down, but adequate. The beds were bouncy. The TV reception was awful. It was like being back in 1972, but with more channels. Fortunately, we were only there for about 10 hours total. Very noisy area with traffic and the other guests were questionable. Beer bottles were a common sight, and one guest who decided to set off his car alarm and then leave at 4:30 AM.

Room Tip: Stay on back side where it's less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't have a great stay with us. We will address the issues you raised. I wanted to let you know that we will be remodeled soon to update the rooms and we are addressing the television issue and will be getting new flat screen televisions as well. We do appreciate your business and wanted to let you know that you and your dog are welcome anytime. I hope you try us again.

Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My youngest son and I traveled from Jeffersonville,In to Hurricane,WV to help move my oldest son. Stayed on the ground floor. The room was very comfortable and clean. No road noise and was very easy to find right off the innerstate.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms out back the hotel. Very quiet for sound sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you chose to stay with us while you helped your son move. I agree that we are a clean and quiet hotel for stopovers like yours. I wanted to let you know that we will be undergoing renovations at the end of the year to update the rooms. Thanks again for your business.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently experienced a huge thunderstorm at our home in WV, and was without electricity for 6 nights and 5 days. After 3 nights and 2 days without electric, and with temperatures in the high 90's and lower 100's, we decided to stay in a hotel. We made reservations at Red Roof Inn, and was staying on a night to night basis until our electricity came on. The staff was so understanding of our situation. Our stay was very comfortable, and was a great place to call home for 3 nights until our electric came back on. All of the staff was very friendly, and the place was very clean. The hotel was very busy and full each night due to the situation going on in our state. Even with it being full it was still very quiet. The great thing also about this hotel is that it is pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us through these difficult times without power. We certainly tried to help as many people as possible and understand everyone was struggling through the outages. Thanks again for your positive comments. These mean a lot to my staff especially having worked a lot of hours recently. We appreciate your business.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!