“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Huntington
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located near Huntington, WVa right off Hwy 64. It slightly secluded but near several eating establishments. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay there. Hotel staff was cordial and efficient. Rooms clean with all modern enimities. During our two day stay, we had good breakfast bar. Each day items changed on the breakfast bar, keeping us wondering as to what was going to be served tomorrow. HIghly recommend staying if you are passing through.

Room Tip: Rooms away from lobby or elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jackie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our hot breakfast. It is nice that the items change daily. I appreciate a variety in breakfast when I am traveling. Also, thank you for the nice comments regarding my staff. I will read your review to them during our next morning meeting. Thank you, again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bainbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Huntington as we were on our way to Pennsylvania. The place appears brand new. We stayed on the first floor in a room with a king. LCD TV, plenty of places to plug any electronic devices to power up. All rooms are with interior halls. Walk in shower was spacious - the only comment about the shower was there was no place to put the soap or bottles of shampoo in the shower itself. Finally placed it on the top of the shower sliding doors.

There is a Bob Evans restaurant right by the Hampton (there was one hotel between) - no sidewalks to get there, so doesn't lend itself to walking, although we did. We did enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 156, which is right beside the exit door and close to parking and beside a gazebo.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jhymel1, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the comments on our showers. I will take your suggestions into consideration and see if I can come up with a solution. Hopefully, you will choose us again next time you are in Huntington.
Manchester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Took my grandmother with me to see my son graduate high school. We had a great time, the pool goes to 5' which most don't. Breakfasts where awesome. The rooms were clean and everything looked new. The staff was great. The hotel is right off 64. I really cant say anything bad, everything was truly excellent!

Room Tip: go down town to eat if your in a hurry. went to the Bob Evans which is in walking distance the food...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
First I would like to congratulate you on your sons graduation! A wonderful accomplishment and I'm sure you are very proud. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm happy that you enjoyed our pool and hot breakfast. I'm also very pleased that my staff gave you the service you deserve. Thank you again and good luck to your son!
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was in Huntington on a 4 day business trip. Instead of checking in at 6:00 PM on Monday, I ended up checking in at 1:30 Am Tuesday Morning, courteous of USAir and not getting me to Huntington airport but to Charleston instead. Also, I really wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn downtown (walking distance to where I needed to go) but they had no rooms available due to two concerts going on at the arena.

I was on the third floor and it was very quiet and the rooms were very clean. It is nice to have plug-ins on the laps on the end tables and the wall outlet and outlets on the lap that desk.
The staff was friendly and the late night manager would say “Hello Mr. ******” every time he saw me. I think that was a nice touch. Note, The travel agent had called Hampton Inn to let them know that I was still arriving but only a lot later so when I entered the door very early Tuesday morning, he asked if I was Mr. ******* and sorry to hear about your delay. That was a very nice touch.

One minus, on the last night I was there, there was someone on the fourth floor that sound like an elephant walking around I heard almost every step. And Yes I would say they were purposely stomping and not walking.

If I were on vacation, in this part of the woods, I would most likely would stay here.

Room Tip: This is in walking distance to a Bob Evens.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! What a wonderful review. I will pass your comments on to my staff. I'm sure your review will make their day. Hopefully, next time you are in Huntington, you will stay with us again. It makes me proud that my staff was so friendly to you and gave you such personal service. Thank you again!
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

great place that is convenient to the interstate. clean, comfortable room with good amenitities. Friendly, helpful staff with great smiles. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Nice place to rest for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for recommending us to future travelers! I appreciate the time you took to do this and hope if you are in town again, I will have the opportunity to meet you.
Rogersville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We chose this hotel due to location to downtown. I was there for a family trip and we need to be close. I was a bit disappointed at the rate, but when you travel for family it is different that with work. It was a great stay and very clean.

Room Tip: Stay on lower floor is always best for me.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jackie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the honestly. I'm glad the hotel location worked well for you. Possibly, if you travel this way again, you could check our advance purchase rates. They are discounted from the normal rate if you pay in advance. Hopefully, this would work better for you. Again, thank you for writing a review. It certainly is appreciated!
Hilton Head, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The staff was positively responsive to every request. The facilities were clean and neat. Every commitment was met. The breakfast was included in the rate quoted and delivered in truly home style, both as to substance and service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

What a nice review! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. It means a lot to my staff that their hard work makes a difference to our guests. You made our day!

Been to Hampton Inn Huntington University Area? Share your experiences!